BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 325CI 5spd
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having some trouble getting these functioning properly. I've already mounted the switch under the dash, routed the wiring (+ tapped into red/gray wire in LCM harness, - to ground nut on rail in dash), and calibrated and tested the gauges. I'm kinda confused about how the circuit is supposed to work though. The way the directions say to wire it, both the dimmer wheel on the LCM and the knob on the switch panel adjust the regular orange backlight, while the directions seem to show the gauge faces illuminated with the orange backlight almost all the way down. The power switch on the switch panel only causes a minute drop in voltage whether the backlight is illuminated or not. The gauge faces themselves don't illunate as shown, regardless of whats done with the controls on the LCM and switch panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 325CI 5spd
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know there's some differences in the physical layout between the OE gauges and these, which appear to be closer to m3 gauge faces. is there any difference in the wire colors in the LCM harness between e46 years/models? maybe i tapped the wrong one

1 - 2 of 2 Posts