E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else encountered this?

just received this kit... paid over 450 for it and come to find out the pieces don’t fit, most importantly the dssr rod not fitting over the bushing of shifter rod.

i also explicitly asked UUC if all the bushings came with the kit (i know that the shifter arm bushing on the transmissiong also tends to wear down) and the guy responded yes that they do... turns out no they do not include any other bushings.

I've read several threads that people had to grind the dssr in order to make it fit onto e60 shifters or the like... but does this seem to happen on its own products? why would they design it this way... or continue to make it like this?? im not too happy that paying this much and i have to spend additional time modifying the product..

Attachments

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
5,354 Posts
I used to buy a lot of UUC products. Over the years I encountered more and more niggling issues that made a seemingly simple installation fraught with issues from time to time. I have experience so this became a frustration and a time suck. Never mind the DIY only having done such once (?) in their life. To that end UUC products are verboten here anymore. Tisk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to file down the bushing at the front of the carrier to get it to fit yesterday. I haven’t installed my dssr yet and fingers crossed I don’t have this issue...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
turns out (on further review) maybe i am still mistaken that those bushings that were shipped housed inside the wheel bearings do not actually go there. (from the picture??) surely someone can chime in having installed one of these?

i also think i am short a few pieces.. yellow washer, shifter carrier clip

and then my shifter linkage is different based on realoem.com so i would doubles of the bushings anyways having received none in the kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine was for a 5 speed and the dssr was not directional. However the directions in the kit did say that the shorter and bent dssr was directional. Also those little black plastics washers should go on the outside edges of the dssr, between the flange of the pin and the other ends clip, no need for the factory ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts