BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one yet & are they available ??

The UUC wevsite says its a "Pre" order ???

I would love any user feedback ??

;)

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
I got mine in the mail yesterday.

Make sure you push the white bushing in the metal cup as far down as it will go. Also, if you are worried about how the six holes were drilled into the metal cup (you'll know when you see it) UUC told me on the phone this morning that the holes are supposed to be that close to the bottom of the inner lip. It's hard to explain but you'll see when you get it.

Anyone know how the height of the shifter is adjusted? I didn't see any note of it in the instructions.

dave

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Commander,

Lets us know once you get the install done, Apparently UUC is waiting on more bushings for the EVO3 before they can ship, I was told a few more days.

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Is that in the instructions I got in the mail? I hope not or I'll feel like a dumbass.

I'm going to try to install it this weekend. I'll post how it goes then, or something. I dunno.

dave

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Rob, how come the EVO 3 for 330ci 6-speed has not yet shipped? I ordered mine last week, and the order status is still preordered and the billing is unbilled. When is UUC gonna start shipping?

4,239 Posts
B8888KC said:
Rob, how come the EVO 3 for 330ci 6-speed has not yet shipped? I ordered mine last week, and the order status is still preordered and the billing is unbilled. When is UUC gonna start shipping?
The roll-out of EVO3 is a mammoth undertaking with all new components and sub assemblies. This takes awhile to work through the 14 different shifter part numbers we offer. With that in mind, not all of the 330/6 components are completed yet, but will be shortly. That's why it is marked "preordered" instead of "in stock".

They will be shipping very soon. Thanks for your patience.

- Rob

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
6,276 Posts
Evo3 is awesome...

It's super smooth and I swear it makes the car want to shift itself with minimal effort...

Definitely a nice improvement over an already great product :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Rob, I wanna order the UUC SK3 shift knob and the aluminium pedal set, but they are still backordered. When will they be available? Thanks, Rob!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rob, I wanna order the UUC SK3 shift knob and the aluminium pedal set, but they are still backordered. When will they be available? Thanks, Rob!
Are they in for the 6-speeds...yet ???????

Last I heard they needed bushings before shipping ??

Anyone ??:dunno:

4,239 Posts
B8888KC said:
flashinthepan said:

Are they in for the 6-speeds...yet ???????
Last I heard they needed bushings before shipping ??

I cannot stress this enough: if you want the product, order it right away. Do not wait until the website shows it is no longer backordered.

I seem to repeat this explanation often, but here it goes again: the website shows "backordered" whenever we cannot ship new orders immediately - if there is even a one-day delay in getting that day's orders out, the website says "backordered". Guess what that means - quite often, a product is constantly shipping but is always marked "backordered". Hmmm... so people who wait keep waiting, and people who order and wait a very short time get theirs relatively quickly.

6-speed shifters have been shipping, but may be marked "backordered" all along for the reason I explained above.

RK3 6-speeds are in stock in most varieties, RK3 5-speed is about 1-2 weeks out.

We never pre-charge your credit card, so pre-ordering does not cost you anything. It just reserves your spot, which you could cancel at any time prior to shipping.

- Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts