BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Is anyone out there using the UUC clutch stop?? I got it but only later did I realize that in the e46's one has to depress the clutch fully to start the car. :banghead:
I was wondering if anyone out there has found a way to put the clutch stop in the e46.

Thanks!

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Since you have the same year 330 coupe as I do I'm going to assume it's built the same. When I installed the UUC clutch stop I noticed that it screws in just far enough so that the clutch could be pushed down far enough to start the car. If the bolt on the clutch stop is too long you can take a Dremel tool or something else to cut off a few threads. It'll probably be easier than opening up your car and messing with stuff.

dave

·
Obey my dog
2,643 Posts
sheefo2k said:
is th eclutch stop really taht important . i m just wondering
Yes, it makes quite a bit of difference and for it's probably one of the cheapest mods you can do for your car ($2-$20)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Just keep adjusting it until your car starts. My clutch stop cost me $3 at Home Depot and i just thread the bolt in until I can start the car. Then I tighten the nut. It helps big time on pedal travel. A few inches makes a big difference.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,825 Posts
sheefo2k said:
is th eclutch stop really taht important . i m just wondering
Clutch stop is like a SSK...something you appreciate everytime you drive your car. The nice thing is that a clutch stop is only $20.

UUC Clutch stop and SSK = :D

Tim

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what's SSK?

Also, as asked above, does losing that 1.5 in of travel hurt the clutch because it's not fully depressed?

tim330i said:

Clutch stop is like a SSK...something you appreciate everytime you drive your car. The nice thing is that a clutch stop is only $20.

UUC Clutch stop and SSK = :D

Tim

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Geo, a few inches? Reading the DIY it suggest that only about 1.5 in. is reduced. Do you have it out more than normal?

I'm guessing that after this mod you go all the way to the bump stop on every shift since now it doesn't take as much effort to reach the end.

GeoMystic said:
Just keep adjusting it until your car starts. My clutch stop cost me $3 at Home Depot and i just thread the bolt in until I can start the car. Then I tighten the nut. It helps big time on pedal travel. A few inches makes a big difference.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,779 Posts
I opened up under my kickpanel and put a rubber stopper on the part that pushes in the switch... no my clutch travel is 2-3 inches TOPs and my car starts... YES.

·
Banned
9,088 Posts
hmm can anyone tell me if that gonnna ruin the clutch or not??
like i said above, when i was taught how to driv emanual, i was told to press the clutch all the way down to the metal..

so now with the clutch stop, ofcourse we are not pushing it all the way to metal. so would that effect the clutch at alll?

·
Registered
304 Posts
sheefo2k said:
haha thanx guys..

is the clutch stop bad for the clutch? since we are not putting the clutch all the way to the metal??

cuz when i was taught manual, i was told press clutch all the way to the metal

Well the deal is you just want to clutch to completely disengage. This happens before you hit the metal. So the distance from where the clutch disengages to the floor is wasted movement and time. :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts