BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think I will have a problem, already running 5 mm spacers for my KW setup so I think I should be home free, what do you guys think. I don't currently know the offset, but I am sure it is a fairly standard one as the wheels were made for E36/E46 application.

thanks

Cavan

·
Banned
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to call them tomorrow. Hey Rob, on my zhp, what kind of setup would you suggest for the rears to balance it if I don't want to go bbk on the rears?

Cavan

4,239 Posts
teamsycracing said:
I will have to call them tomorrow. Hey Rob, on my zhp, what kind of setup would you suggest for the rears to balance it if I don't want to go bbk on the rears?

Cavan

You would use a one step more-aggressive pad in the rear and upgrade the rear to stainless steel brake lines.

The important thing to understand (and one of these days I will finish the long write-up explaining many of the current over-simplifications accepted as gospel) is that bias is not static. The truth is that the bias ratio is variable depending on brake pedal pressure, decelerating g-load, and other factors. The simplified conclusion of the concept is that for "regular street driving", the "at the limit track-use" analysis has somewhat less bearing and altering the rear configuration is not an absolute necessity... the addition of our BBK on just the front will not be throwing the whole system that far out of balance.

For track use, however, it is important to follow my first recommendation above. For example, if you use Hawk HP-Plus on the front, use a pad like the Hawk Blue or Carbotech Panther on the rear.

- Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts