E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get the UUC 355mm (14.1") fronts and a set of the 12.9" rears. Does anybody know if they'll fit under a set of 19" HM2's staggerd set up?

I don't have a problem with going out and measuring myself, but i'd like the reassurance of someones personal experience.

:thumbup:

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^

4,165 Posts
The HM2s look like they have ample space, especially as you have 19". Fronts are the only questionable end, the rears fit virtually all wheels without spacers.

You can use a ruler a tape measure to take the critical inside-wheel measurements and compare them to the fitment diagram:

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/UBBK/brake_info/SSBC_FITDIAG/A164-8-14.jpg

You can even print out the fitment diagram, sized to match actual dimensions, and hold it inside the wheel.

Worst-case scenario, you may need a 5mm-12mm spacer, but I doubt you will. UUC BBK fitment is practically the same as other 4-piston BBKs, so if another brand fits without spacers, then ours should also.

- Rob Levinson

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, i plan on measuring everything up today.

If anybody has HM2's with the BBK, please confirm.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE !!!! HM2's will not fit on a 14" or 13" UUC BBK unless I use a minimum of 7mm wheel spacer..... which looks ridiculus.

to my disappointment...it tried fitting both sizes to my front wheels and both calipers hit the spokes, it wasn't even close.

4,165 Posts
LAFENGAS said:
UPDATE !!!! HM2's will not fit on a 14" or 13" UUC BBK unless I use a minimum of 7mm wheel spacer..... which looks ridiculus.
to my disappointment...it tried fitting both sizes to my front wheels and both calipers hit the spokes, it wasn't even close.
Thanks for the update. (Had to squint to read that - why such a small font? :) )

In all reality, all original BMW wheels and many aftermarket wheels need a spacer when using a 4-piston BBK (which means all major brands)... and usually a 10mm, 12mm, or 15mm. With that in mind, I'm not sure how a 6mm could look "ridiculous" with a small 7mm. Actually, 7mm is within the et35-et45 offset range that aftermarket wheels have normally.

There are many aftermarket wheels that do not need spacers with a BBK... most SSR, BBS, and others. TireRack can usually advise which ones in their catalog do or do not.

- Rob

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks said:
Thanks for the update. (Had to squint to read that - why such a small font? :) )

In all reality, all original BMW wheels and many aftermarket wheels need a spacer when using a 4-piston BBK (which means all major brands)... and usually a 10mm, 12mm, or 15mm. With that in mind, I'm not sure how a 6mm could look "ridiculous" with a small 7mm. Actually, 7mm is within the et35-et45 offset range that aftermarket wheels have normally.

There are many aftermarket wheels that do not need spacers with a BBK... most SSR, BBS, and others. TireRack can usually advise which ones in their catalog do or do not.

- Rob

I only placed the BBK in my wheel to see what I needed as far as spacers (if any) and I put in two 5mm spacers to obtain proper clearance. Since I never completely installed the kit on my spindle assembly....i just bolted my wheel back, with the spacers, to see how it looked. I never let the car down... on the ground which im sure would make it appear a bit better. (i couldn't get the lugs to thread....so i couldn't put any load on the suspension/wheel)

Right now my wheels sit flush with the my outer fender flare...and I assume that the added 7-10mm would make it look out of place as well as causing some rubbing issues.

I dunno...add whatever input you can.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm not sure of the actual offset...but they are the Hamann HM2's 8.5" fronts and 9.5" rears for NON-M 3ers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.