BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ROI-ndian
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, in march literally 2 blocks from a show i was in, Import Xpression Flushing march 2002, i dropped my digital olympus camera it was liek 2-3 years old but still good, but wouldnt like work sicne...i should try new batteries but sicne bought a new better quality camera

it has an lcd...anyway to take apart the camera and get use out of this lcd? lol might sound cheap but sounds like why not better then junkin the camera or wutever?????

any ideas from tech heads?

thanks

·
Registered
937 Posts
I saw one installed in the rearview mirrior once... Cant remember the site... Might have been Alpine. It was done like the V1 install in the mirror
:pimpin::pimpin: :pimpin:

·
ROI-ndian
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats mr big dawg himself craig and his crazy ICE set up...not exact sure wut id do wit the screen but im tryin find out if i can take it out n use it????
i already have one 2.5 inch lcd on the way hopefully

no one knows if i can take it out of this camera?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
LOL...the idea of this makes me laugh, but it's worth a shot i suppose

amit i presume if u keep the monitor in tact when removing the screen (ex.dont screw up the wires and connections) in theory it should work

but im no ICE guru ...so its best to email [email protected] and explain to him u figure its worth a try since u were goin to trash the thing anyhow

PS - still tryin to think about what we should do with the hood;)

·
ROI-ndian
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah man get me the EUROPROJEKTZ official logo and i needa get a nice sticker i wanan do measurements when i get the hood, and everything, i wanna keep things not crazy but simple...not to take away from attention of the rest of tha car...cuz we know how crazy this shiz right here is gonan get ;) hopefully...still waiting on parts ordering...and still too lazy to freakin return thoz coils which is wut i needa do first

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well.. you will need to do two things.. One is to remove the screen without wrecking it and also, you will have to find which IC is the LCD driver and salvage that too.

Good luck.. that would be a pretty fun electronic project.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts