BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what's going on? Haven't contributed to the community in a while, so I figured I'd chime in early this morning. Like the post says, this is going to be useful for any Android-using E46 owners (so please leave the Apple/Google flame wars for other threads).

I came across a paid app in the Google Play store sometime last year, and it intrigued me. It's called Torque and without any add-ons, it is quite useful.

It uses data from your on-board computer to give you real time information on your phone, measuring output, monitoring sensors, and even giving map-tracking using your GPS. It also can read engine fault codes (giving the code number and the error it is associated with), and can clear said fault codes.

When paired with a bluetooth OBDII adapter, and a dash mount for your phone, this combo is just priceless. Using this to read engine codes on the fly made me wet my pants (not really), because it got rid of the need for a standalone code reader.

I've attached some screenshots so you can get an idea of what the app is like, but if you feel like it's something you'd use, $25 for the bluetooth adapter, and $5 for the app itself is definitely worth it. Also, I am in no way affiliated with either the app developer or the adapter manufacturer, just wanted to spread the word about a set of tools that have proven themselves invaluable to me. Hope this reaches you all well, if you have any questions, I can do my best to answer them.

-KJB

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just started using this last week. It's great as far as reading, clearing codes and real time information. I'm just still getting used to it as I don't know how to read values and understand some of the programming. I only wish someone would write some software so we could also code our cars ans do other neat things with. For what it does tho and what I paid ($30) its pretty good. Btw I also have the Bluetooth and dash mount for my phone :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts