BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new (to me) BMW in April and it had 120k miles on it.

No problem, so long as you take proper care of it right?

Not the case. My electrical system has had more problems than a Chinese algebra book. Here are my symptoms. I would be much obliged if anyone can offer up some wisdom (I love that stuff! :thumbsup:).

My driver's side window is beginning to roll up quite sluggishly, and, at times, not at all. Which is the effected part? Nothing else is failing window-wise, so that should help narrow it down. Can someone please give me the proper nomenclature for the part name, if they've been through this before?

:cry:

My keys don't unlock my doors remotely anymore, and, as is with the above paragraph, I don't know what to replace. It worked on and off for a few weeks before not working at all. I know that the key is suppose to recharge in the ignition, but I don't think that's my problem, as both keys don't do anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

Lastly, but most annoyingly, I had to replace my evaporator core. It wasn't as tedious as the mechanic made it out to be (monetarily I mean:$1500?! come on! :censor:), as it took my father and I only 12 hours (with no previous experience :craig:) to go from tear-down to blowing like and ice-cicle.

That being said, we didn't replace the pressure sensor afterward and now THAT crapped out on me :eek:. I referenced the almighty maintenance book, and it said that I have to drain the freon (or other refrigerant) before replacing said pressure sensor. Is that completely necessary or can I forgo the bleed process? :hmm:

If ANYONE can help me even just a little bit, point me in the right direction and make me find the answers, whatever don't care, so long as I can figure out something. :read:

No heat in the Texas summer is asking for pain! :rofl:

·
Registered
19 Posts
the window is the window regulator... I personally have not replaced mine but heard stories... 99% its your window regulator and I guess in bimmers its a common thing... and as far as the keys go... you have to go to the dealer ship so they can reprogram the keys. but take both at the same time or else one will work and the other wont... there is not batteries atleast in mine (2005) but dealership fixed mine for free... and window part check ebay...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts