E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, wondering if i could get a little help from anybody who has setup their USA SPEC PA12.

After going through delmarco's excellent install guide, i followed the same steps working on my car. In the trunk were the 3 and 6 pin connectors (no CD changer/ no Sirius) and i routed the cable to the glove box along with the device and iPod connector. Then when i connect my iPhone, i get the control options and the song title, except no sound from my (factory) speakers. When i turn up the volume i get faint crackling and bleeps/bloops only. Thinking that i might not have connected the wires as snug, i unplugged and replugged everything and tried again, but only bleep bloops. I called tech support after and they said that some 325i's do not have the CD changer which could be the problem and that i may have to change the wiring of my head unit.

I'm i the only one with this issue? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Hayden

·
Registered
132 Posts
i have the 325i aswell and i didnt have any problems. did you make sure to disconnect the battery when you were connecting your module to the radio? that could be it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i disconnected the battery and the head unit. Still nothing. Thinking i may have a faulty device... On a side note, when i disconnected the wires from the head unit i've read that radio station presets should be erased, although i still had mine when i everything was connected again. I doubt that would cause it to malfunction though. But if anyone has suggestions......

*rage quit*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts