E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used the "Uro Parts" water pump before? I ordered one from autohausaz because of the price, but I wanted to check before I installed it, because we had a problem with a E39 CCV whistling from the same brand. For $25.62 it seemed like a good deal, but I am now reluctant to install a product which hasn't come up in any searches on here or Google. I've heard mixed reviews on other products by Uro Parts, but has anybody installed their water pump that could provide some info?

Here is the link for the part:
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pr...001&[email protected] System&[email protected] Pump

Thanks,
Rudy

·
Registered
129 Posts
Personally I do not use Uro parts because of the negative comments of people on this forum i.e. poor quality expansion tanks but I cannot speak for the pumps. Generally though if I question that parts ability to perform then I wouldn't use it.

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
In this world my rule is that too cheap means don't use. No one's giving away quality for free.
Here I only use brand names.
When I go into the supermarket, there I'll try the store brand nibblets.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
friggin search. Theres pages upon pages upon pages.
Nothing specifically on URO water pump, only URO pulley's. I wanted to see if somebody had used their water pump and with what results.

I could return it and buy a Graf pump for 30 dollars more, but I wanted to check first here. Both pumps have metal impellers.

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
Nothing specifically on URO water pump, only URO pulley's. I wanted to see if somebody had used their water pump and with what results.

I could return it and buy a Graf pump for 30 dollars more, but I wanted to check first here. Both pumps have metal impellers.
2 quick lessons why the impeller isn't everything
the bearing can fail
the seal can leak

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.