BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help guys i need to know where i can get oem auto tranny fluid from, i think its ESSO, i need to get them local, i know bavauto has em but need local, and do they take 4 liters?, please help. tnx alot.

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,530 Posts
That stuff's hard to find.

If you're replacing your ATF, Redline D4 works well and you ought to be able to get it local :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uhh really, i dno if i want to take the risk, i dont want to use anything but the original stuff. how many quarts, its 4 right. please help guys im scheduled to have it changed this week.

·
Banned
4,091 Posts
uhh really, i dno if i want to take the risk, i dont want to use anything but the original stuff. how many quarts, its 4 right. please help guys im scheduled to have it changed this week.
AMG is right actually, but if you have a place local to you that sells redline, the D4 is the best choice IMO.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am about to do mine too and asked the pelicanparts.com rep which one to use since I guess I have the GM tranny and he responded with the TEXACO etl 7045 (part # 83-22-0-403-248 on the website) but I wanna find out if redline would be better since I've really not heard anything bad about it yet....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have Redline D4 in my auto tranny. No problems at all. Actually I just bought some more to do a filter/fluid change soon.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just would like to use oem fluid, its the tranny so ya. bavauto has esso for 15 dollars, weird cuz others have it for 45 dollars??? why.

·
Keep it clean
7,984 Posts
Why are you so anal? You said the same thing about BMW oil the other day. Not trying to be mean, but you can do better than BMW's stock fluids.

Redline and Royal Purple are superior lubricants. BMW calls their fluids "lifetime". I drained my tranny/diff fluids and replaced about a month ago. They sure didn't look lifetime to me. And the car shifted a HELL of a lot better. It was whining before, too. Purrs like a kitten again. :)

i just would like to use oem fluid, its the tranny so ya. bavauto has esso for 15 dollars, weird cuz others have it for 45 dollars??? why.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LMAO, AHHHH, i just called a local shop the guy said texaco sucks and isnt pure syntetic, he said BMW will buy watever in a way is the cheapes for a barrel, which i can believe, so he said either get penthosin or redline and said if your a hard driver get redline, what you guys think, im about to go crazy man.

·
Registered
242 Posts
this is a funny thread
all the answers to his questions are already in the thread, perhaps he's waiting for one of us to take his hand and walk with him to the shop as well :rofl:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts