E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I feel I gotta come on here and share this with the fanatics. i don't know if anyone has been in this similar situation, but it is really starting to aggrivate me and I want to inform the sight.

About 3 months ago or so I got rear ended, and I called racing dynamics thinking it was RD Sport in Cali but it ended up being Electrodyn in Virginia. I placed an order with them for a tornado rear fascia. When I got it, it was damaged. I ended up shipping the damaged part back to electrodyn and they told me that it would take a couple of weeks just to get another one to electrodyn and then another week to deliver it to me.

So I decided to cancel everything with electrodyn because:

1. I've never really done business with them (I always work with Federico at RD Sport).

2. It was taking way too long.

I posted a thread on here a while back looking for Federico. That's when Sam at Renn Sport Replied back and told me he could get a hold of Federico for me and get the Fascia. I went ahead and placed an order for the Fascia through Renn Sport. It has been 2 months now and still no fascia!!! I have been very patient with both RD Sport and Rennn Sport. But all I've gotten is false promise delivery dates and avoided phone calls. For the past month I have called both Renn Sport and RD Sport and I literally can't remember how many messages I left for both companies.

The reason this sucks so bad is that I CANNOT DRIVE MY CAR!!!!! Its not like I'm waiting for a prototype part or something and my car is still in driving condition. I CANNOT DRIVE MY CAR!!!

I did not come on here to Flame either company, I just want to let people know what happened to me and if anyone can relate. It's unfortunate that both companies operate in this manner. I just want my tornado rear fascia so I can drive my car!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
me too hope everything works out

and i'm glad you did write this up,that's mostly all we had . good or bad experience's with company's. i guess we know who not to buy from now :thumbup:

·
Nonsense Generator
1,066 Posts
I did not come on here to Flame either company
Flame Electrodyne all you want.

Aside from the obvious issues they had with the REAL RD Sport, I must have un-subscribed from their crap mailing list at least 10 times and still get spammed.

·
Ultimate Wagon
1,547 Posts
psirakis said:
1. I've never really done business with them (I always work with Federico at RD Sport).
Good luck, man. Out of my curiosity.. how WAS your experience when you were "always" dealing with Federico? Was he always responsive to you? Are you suggetsing he has changed to worse than before.

Honest to you, RD Sport pissed me off on their responsiveness --- from Day 1. Federico potentially is the ONLY perosn in RDSport, so yes, to me, he is the biggest (and the "only"?) offender. You can go to RDSport's forum & look for me message(s) venting about this problem of theirs. (I think I'm "John L" there .. it's been too long..)

Now, RennSport .... what do you think they can do IF Federico (i.e. RD Sport) was also non-responsive to them ???? nobody would know nothing except RDSport ... may be Federico is also a victim becuase Italy did not support him ... but at least Federico DID have a summer vacation benefit just like his Italian colleagues...

Personally I stay far far far away from RD, I see them being non-repsonsive to inquiry (i.e. potential new biz), I question what will make them responsive to existing old biz ???

They don't care about US market, might as well just go home ...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wagonman...

As you can see from my sig. I have authentic RD Sport stuff from Federico's company. And i am very happy with the fit and quality of all the parts so far.

When i was building my car up a couple of years ago, Federico had a couple of people working with him at the time and the responsiveness was great. Now I think that because he's the only one working there, the responsiveness has gone down.

I guess that's why Renn Sport got involved. But i don't think that helped anymore because they ignore me just as much as RD Sport does.

As for now all I can do is keep calling RD and Renn Sport EVERYDAY! to try to get somekind of response.

·
modder fokker
6,879 Posts
Your lucky. I have waited in some cases 7 months for a piece :)
Its not always intended. He is just a bit on the slow side and not thinking ahead.
Eventualy you will get it. He is not a fraud but it just takes for ages :)
I think his compagny was in trouble a couple of times but somehow he always manages to get on top of things again. He is a real surviver. Everytime you think he is out of biesness he squeezes back in there :)

He is realy not a good biesness man. But he is a real artist on design and hes not afraid to try new things :)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
but wtf come one now, 7 months for a part and be paitent? i can barely wait weeks for a part, 7 months is a "bit" on the slow side... come into reality man, thats ridiculous!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
wow thats crazy considering they charge over a 1000 dollars for a bumper you would think they would come and deliver personally

·
Ultimate Wagon
1,547 Posts
crispee00 said:
wow thats crazy considering they charge over a 1000 dollars for a bumper you would think they would come and deliver personally
EVERYTHING formthem is expensive. I rememebr Federico once ask me "why would you buy performance parts from companies who don't do tuning?".

Kindda suggesting that we should buy from RD ... yeah right, but they don't deliver :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Wagon Man said:
EVERYTHING formthem is expensive. I rememebr Federico once ask me "why would you buy performance parts from companies who don't do tuning?".

Kindda suggesting that we should buy from RD ... yeah right, but they don't deliver :lmao: :lmao:
I hate that shite. Seriously though if you pay that much money for something I would expect phenomenal service. Good luck bro, I would be pissed if I were you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts