E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, I spent the afternoon at a friends house installing my clear corner stuff and briefly tried to figure out why my driver side HID won't work. I installed them 3 days ago, very careful not to have the bulb touch anything. Drove home that day and 7 mins later it flickered off and the error code for low beam came on. :(

After taking the rubber cover off today, and turning the lights on....it worked!!! I left them on for a while then turned them off to finish other things. Then, turned them back on....flickered, then went out (error code). Same thing 3 times in a row.

I talked to the sponsor I purchased them from, and he had me check the ignitor, balast and bulb. I just need help. Has anyone experienced this upgrading HID bulbs? I'm thinking about going back to my 4300K for now and seeing if they work!

BTW, I never had any issues with my stock. I was just going for a new look....that I now regret.:(

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, sorry for the post! After checking the connections I just pulled my original driver side HID back from storage and it fired right up. Bad bulb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts