E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since I can't buy any mods for a while I decided to look at what's out there. I have an '01 325i with prem. package only. I've done a little browsing and was debating selling it and getting a 330Ci instead. I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it. The bigger engine would be cool and I do like the way coupes look. If I shop around I could find one affordable without a problem I think. I asked some friends but they all view cars as nothing more than a mode of transportation so that's no help. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hands down go with the 330 much better. And well if you look on the top there about mods the #1 post on here is about all the diff kinds and places to get mods.

·
Registered
19,812 Posts
save up for the 335, thats very modable

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BMWPower06 said:
Whoa there, that's out of my pay grade buddy. I'm lookin at a 2001 330Ci. This way I can afford mods as well without breakin the bank.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah wait googled that one a little more and found it hahaha... a TT I6 huh that is tight I didnt know it was a supra now though??? lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah bro, def. go for the 330ci :thumbup: !!!! I just got a black 01 330ci, and had the option of getting a 325i for a couple grand cheaper.....and I don't regret my decision one bit! The coups look better (no offense sedan owners)....they turn more heads....not to mention the HP increase from a 325to a 330!!!! trust me you won't regret it!!!

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
xxmatt2785xx said:
Yeah wait googled that one a little more and found it hahaha... a TT I6 huh that is tight I didnt know it was a supra now though??? lol
hey learn about cars before you post

1. supra = 1 enourmous turbo and lag that will allow you to hit puberty before boost kicks in

2. 335 = 2 very small turbos that add only a small amount of power with little to no turbo lag.

as for the debate, get an m3 and dont mod it. 330s are underpowered.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
xxmatt2785xx said:
Yeah they stopped maken the 335 in 1941 lol... unless there is another one you are talking about?
hehe, have you missed the new E92 335i coupe?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've owned both....

I had an 01 325Cic and now own an 04 33oCic. I am not sure what your driving style is but unless you plan to be on the gas most of the time it will probably not be worth it. I use my car as a daily driver and don't race around much so for me the extra horsepower goes unused most of the time. If you use your car for track, autocross or racing around then you will enjoy the extra power. Just my 2 cents.

·
Mod Squad
10,010 Posts
I believe that the only real differences are ~40 hp. If you could make the trade up for only $2 - 3K then sure, otherwise I wouldn't bother. For ~$6.5K you could get a supercharger for your 325 and have about 60 hp more than the 330.

Oh I just re-read your post, I notice that you have the sedan and like the look of the coupe. That's a part I can't help you on, I'm partial to the coupe (obviously ;)). My e36 is a sedan and I found myself RARELY using the back doors, I've yet to have a situation with my two door where I wished I had another set of doors. :dunno:

BMWPower06 said:
Oh and you know this already? Be sure to forward your inside information to Jim Conforti, Steve Dinan, AA, and the folks at Technik, since you KNOW it's "very modable."

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
coupes are indeed dope. but be prepared to hate people that get into your back seat (im taking mine out asap) gets your seat backs all muddy and ruddy :mad:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm, some good points from everyone. I'll be saving up for a while and this can't really happen till around September. But I'm leaning more and more towards the coupe. I do use my rear doors often enough but most of my friends treat my car like crap so I'm used to dirty back seats. From what I can tell the car I want will be around 1k more (don't quote me on that) but my loan should be smaller since I'll have a larger down payment. I've thought about the E36 M3, but I upgraded from an E36 and don't really want to go back.

·
Hawaii 3.0
5,269 Posts
mimmitt said:
I'd consider the E36 M3 as well if in your position. That's just me though.

:werd:

·
Registered
154 Posts
redronin said:
hey learn about cars before you post

1. supra = 1 enourmous turbo and lag that will allow you to hit puberty before boost kicks in

2. 335 = 2 very small turbos that add only a small amount of power with little to no turbo lag.

as for the debate, get an m3 and dont mod it. 330s are underpowered.
Hench the sorry... because i did relook... that is why I brought up the 1941 335i Mr...

And the turbo lag is not all that bad your are talking about 1/2 a sec... unless your going to run a .50 trim or something that donest spool till like 3300 rpm you will never notice... Or if you do like pro drag or something and looking for a 10 sec car... but if your going for something that fast I wouldnt look at BMW.

I do agree though it would be a wast just, get an M3 or something would be better use of money...

Unless it is like the Bi turbos on the SL65 but those put well over 400hp down not a little 330...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
M3 is too much for me to afford. E36 isn't my style. 330Ci seems like it would be a little better for me. Big question is hard top or convertible...?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Keep your current car.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts