BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the better and cheaper way to go, upgrade radio with aux compatible, or buy dice kit.
I know if i upgrade to a newer radio i will have to buy antenna adapter and Aux cable, , the radio i have now is a business HK from 01 sedan.

·
Registered
251 Posts
DO NOT BUY THE DICE KIT

IT IS A FLAMING PILE OF CRAP.

Both my friend and I have non functioning kits, he is worse of than I, but honestly, i can't explain how pissed off i am at this ****ing kit.. it's truly a bad solution.. skip it.

·
european auto source
12,581 Posts
Which is the better and cheaper way to go, upgrade radio with aux compatible, or buy dice kit.
I know if i upgrade to a newer radio i will have to buy antenna adapter and Aux cable, , the radio i have now is a business HK from 01 sedan.
Negative comments aside, the DICE kit is perfectly fine with your stock radio, especially if you already have an iPod. It's also the most cost-effective solution in your case.

This is the kit you need:

DICE - SILVERLINE iPod Integration Kit for 3 Series/M3 99-06 (Trunk Interface)
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=1621

Let me know if you have any further questions.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Had an iPod kit in my 325Ci, Mustang GT, and 530i and loved them. Did not have the Dice, so I can not coment on it. But I can say that if you like OEM then go for it, I had the Icelink Plus and it beat the hell out of burning CD's. I do not have that option in my Range now and it sucks hooking up to the Aux, using the iPod to navigate vs a system like the Dice and Icelink that is manuevered via the factory radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts