BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been very busy lately. Haven't come by the forum as often. Ok, here is the pic I got.

They don't have a name and price for the system yet. But they should be similar to the HA-FT system. And you can use the EDFC to control the dampering with a push of a button.

Pricing and name should be release later this month. I will let you guys know if I get more info.

Also, if you are interested in the system, be prepare to pay big dollars. Lol.

So you think KW or FK is low. You gotta see Tein.

:lmao:

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAMN

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,609 Posts
CRAP! thats DUMPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO A BMW......

I would like to see how the coil functions.

Just so happen i read in an old SuperStreet about TEIN. They seem to be pretty good since they have their own controlled manufacturing facility.

·
is now a 2L! woot!
303 Posts
that drop is so..ugly. im sorry but it is. i would never slam my car like that. but i guess Tein is reputable cuz i read about them all the time in my Superstreet magz.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
obviously its ridiculous to slam it that low, but its just showing the capabilities
Yup, that pic is just showing you what the lowest setting will be. That car is still on the jack. Can't even put the car back on the ground like that. It will be sitting on the ground.

·
Registered
878 Posts
TEIN is one of the highest end suspension systems out there..a Japanese company of course. They are generally 28 way height and damping adjust on the high end coilovers. My supra uses Tein coilovers---they are like an ACS or Hamann type quality...ultra high. For those of you who know japanese tuners...think Mugen..Spoon...Volk..quality. They go a huge step beyond H&R in my opinion as far as suspension control...however they are quite complex as far as the settings for street use!

·
Law Enforcer
2,410 Posts
I had TEIN coliovers on my DOHCvtec civic hatch, and they ride superbly. I'd like to see them do an E46 suspension as well. I'm sure it'll be expensive, as the coilovers for my civic were about 1700.00!!

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
If they ride great while handling better than anything, the price is probably justified, but if the ability to dump the car on the ground is one of their high points to boast, it seems really retarded because no one wants to have a ride lower than whats reasonable to drive in the city. Plus lower isn't better at all.

·
Big in Japan
1,359 Posts
my friend is a tein dealer, perhaps we can set up something..

regardless of that, he has them in his honda prelude, and they are pretty damn nice. He doesnt have the electronic adjustment, but the kit to do so is only a few hundred, and then you get in car dampening control; cant beat that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts