E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my car is finally in the shop to have the exhaust installed, however I just got a call from the bodyshop and there's a piece missing. :cry:

Apparently the piece I'm missing is a clamp with elbow that mounts to the right side tailpipe (this clamp hangs from the swaybar mount). I spoke with the vendor who I purchased this exhaust from and they're not sure if they have this clamp in stock (I'm having the bodyshop work with them) so I may have to wait until Eisenmann ships them the clamp (which God knows how long that could take). Man, I wish they could have double checked that all parts were in the box before they shipped it to me. I'll keep you all posted as to what happens.

·
needs a new sig...
3,408 Posts
I am looking into this exhaus myself..how much did it cost you to get your right rear bumper modified to mtach the cut out on the left side..this is the determining factor to whether or not i buy the quad exhaust..

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GarrettF said:
I am looking into this exhaus myself..how much did it cost you to get your right rear bumper modified to mtach the cut out on the left side..this is the determining factor to whether or not i buy the quad exhaust..
Hey, I'm not sure what the total cost is since my car is there in the shop right now. The body shop is charging a set rate per hour and given the fact that they haven't cut the right side of the rear bumper yet, I can't tell you what the cost is. When I find out I'll let you know.

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
Damn that must suck. You get all excited over a new mod, and you can't even put it on. I feel you bro. Hope everything works out.

·
Europrojektz East
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Latest update

Well, the bad news was that the vendor I ordered my quad exhaust from did not have another Eisenmann exhaust for the 323i/328i in stock. If they had another one then they could have taken the missing part (i.e. the clamp) from that exhaust and ship it to me.
The good news though is that they have the same quad exhaust for the 325/330 in stock and it just so happens that the clamp is the same so the vendor will overnight ship the missing part to the bodyshop (at no cost to me), so the body shop has told me that my exhaust should be installed tommorrow. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts