BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I stop by and browse the boards once every couple of months. Just wondering if there were any updates on a turbo kit for the 330? specifically Kromex's kit, but maybe someone else has released one in the past 6 months or so.

Or if anyone was following stimpee's twin screw S/C settup on bimmerforums, i was wondering if anyone knew the latest on that.

As far as i know, with both settups, the problem delaying completion was software.

Also, whats the most power currently being put down by a 330 with stock tranny and clutch?

·
Alpha Male
7,143 Posts
Stimpee's twin screw is still in testing on his E36 325is. I believe he is moving to an E36 M3 for the next development project.

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
Clem said:
Stimpee's twin screw is still in testing on his E36 325is. I believe he is moving to an E36 M3 for the next development project.
I think stimpee is working on the obd i (pre-95)
and eurosports is working on the obd ii (post 95 cars).
The good thing about the twin screw is that it acts as a positive displacement which means u feel like u have a higher displacement engine. I believe the TQ is suppose to be incredible for it because the full boost comes in around 2k rpm (from what i understand) instead of at the higher RPM for a regular centrifugal supercharger. Price is estimated to be around 7k

I am not sure when they will get the twin screw for the e46 but i think the estimate target date for e36 is ~ march 04?
I think i am going to bypass the AA charger and wait for the twin screw...unless it does a conforti shark injector impersonation
(Jim Conforti is doing the software for both twin screw chargers).

·
Registered
214 Posts
Kromex is probably working on the SRT-4 Neon that ran 12's!

·
Slow in, slower out
4,661 Posts
Anonymous_FTP said:
Kromex is probably working on the SRT-4 Neon that ran 12's!
Wow, a Neon SRT-4 that is as fast as an '89 Dodge minivan... What an accomplishment. What next, a Z06 that can do 13s?

Ed

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,704 Posts
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, teamdfl, but at the risk of making an ass of myself for not being sure...

You know he's talking about quarter mile, right? :lmao: not 0-60 buddy.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,477 Posts
I think he knows. "I think" he is referring to this famous internet website of this guy who has a 89' dodge caravan that runs low 12's....There were a couple of posts on this guy.

·
Slow in, slower out
4,661 Posts
The 80's Dodge turbos were notoriously easy to make fast. A small aquarium valve in the wastegate line was the popular $20 mod to make your Dodge go 13's. With sensible mods and slicks, 12s were easy.

Dodge put the same motor in their minivan and even offered it with a 5 speed for a couple years (88-89 I think). A team entered one of the turbo soccer mom vans in the Grassroots Motorsports $1500, $2001, and $2002 Challenges. I believe they evenually ran a 12.6 in the 1/4.

Ed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts