BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 330xi
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I want to disable cold and hot checks to not get errors and start up flicker with my LEDs, but I don't have a hot check column when I program my LCM. My 330xi is build date 12/2000, I read it's likely because its older firmware?
Is it possible to update the LCM to get the option to disable hot checks?
Cheers,
fana

·
Registered
2001 330xi
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, thanks. So, it is a known problem that older LCMs don't have hot checks, so LEDs will keep throwing errors?
Can somebody link DIYs for the LCM upgrade with this in mind (what LCM to buy etc)? I can't find anything.

production 09/2001 and afterwards from what I recall are LED-upgradeable/compatible. I went through the same and ended up with a brand new LCM had it coded.
What do you mean with this exactly? Mine is 12/2000 and I upgraded fine, I just get errors. Do you mean an LCM from post 09/2001 can disable hot checks?

Cheers,
fana

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Interesting, thanks. So, it is a known problem that older LCMs don't have hot checks, so LEDs will keep throwing errors?
Can somebody link DIYs for the LCM upgrade with this in mind (what LCM to buy etc)? I can't find anything.

What do you mean with this exactly? Mine is 12/2000 and I upgraded fine, I just get errors. Do you mean an LCM from post 09/2001 can disable hot checks?

Cheers,
fana
You can install LED lights of course, however early production LCM cannot be coded for them (=which disables bulb check). Do check that the brake lights actually work, also you'll probably notice that they will flicker every 30 seconds if I remember well, that's the bulb check voltage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts