1. Turn the ignition on to the second position
2. Hold down the TWO OUTSIDE BUTTONS on the transmitter until the indicator light begins to flash (20-30 seconds). Then reelase the buttons. This procedure initializes the memory and erases any previous settings.
3. Hold the end of your hand-held transmitter against the front of the front surface of your universal transmitter so that you can still see the indicator light.
4. Using both hands push the hand-held transmitter button and the desired button the the BMW universal transmitter. Continue to press both buttons through step 5.
5. Hold down both buttons until you see the indicator light on the BMW universal transmitter flash, first slowly then rapidly. It indicates that you have successfully programmed the universal transmitter to learn the new frequency signal. Release both buttons once the rapid flashing begins.
To program another button repeat steps 4 through 5
Sorry about any typos, I just typed this right off the instruction sheet.
dillard said:I understand that our univ. transmitter doesn't work with Genie garage door openers. Anyone else try it with this brand opener?
I think it's due to the Genie changing the code each time the door opens.