BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 2-door Honda Accord was brought in to us for "The Works" (complete detail, window tint and clear bra). The owner just purchased the car and wanted to get everything out of the way in one shot, so that’s what we did!

First, we gave the exterior an extensive hand wash and claybar treatment, then polished the complete exterior with Menzerna Power Finish using an orange foam pad, followed by Menzerna 85rd using a black foam pad via DA polisher. Before the clear bra was installed, I wiped the paint surface clean with alcohol to make sure there were no polishing oils present that could interfere with the adhesion of the film.

I love the design of these cars and knew that once the windows were tinted that it would really spark it off, not to mention keeping the interior cool during the summer months. Here is what the car looked like after polishing, but before we applied any protection to the paint and finishing touches were taken care of.

Here is Matt working his magic on the windows….

Lou applying clear film (aka clear bra) to the front surfaces (partial hood, partial fenders, complete front bumper and side mirrors).

We used Madico 35% film and the finished product came out absolutely perfect!

The clear bra turned out really nice as well and was barely noticeable.

Once the film and clear bra were finished, I sealed the clear bra and exterior paint surfaces with Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant. Here is what it looked like outdoors after everything was finished.

Much better! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Great job.. One of our Boston Chapter BMW CCA members recently came to us gushing about the job you did on his 2006 M3 Convertible!!! He was the subject of our Member Spotlight for May/June!!

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
6,738 Posts
Interesting.. I've never ever seen tint applied to the outside of the windows like that. Why was it done that way?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E36Shikara- Thanks!

trizzuth- It is applied on the inside, but he sticks the film to the outside first to cut the film and preshrink it with a heatgun so it is an exact fit. He wipes wet dryer sheets on the exterior windows so the film will stick when he does all the trimming. I guess it's a trick of the trade. He definitely knows his stuff...

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
6,738 Posts
E36Shikara- Thanks!

trizzuth- It is applied on the inside, but he sticks the film to the outside first to cut the film and preshrink it with a heatgun so it is an exact fit. He wipes wet dryer sheets on the exterior windows so the film will stick when he does all the trimming. I guess it's a trick of the trade. He definitely knows his stuff...
awesome, come to think of it, I think the guy who did my tint a few years back did the same thing.. watching him put one piece on the rear window was nuts. He was all contorted in the back seat hanging the single piece off of both arms like a towel, but managed to get it up and on with no problems. still looks brand new to this day.. tint pros really really know their stuff!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts