E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they really make a difference? I heard some say yes and some say no.... I know any e46 before 2001 will need to remove the clutch fan. Is it hard and what tools will I need. As you all know I like to DIY :)

What brand other then RE and UUC offer these? Maybe we can have a group buy on these pulleys from someone. Who will offer the best price??

TIA,
Charlie

·
Ultimate Wagon
1,547 Posts
Yellowmann said:
Do they really make a difference? I heard some say yes and some say no.... I know any e46 before 2001 will need to remove the clutch fan. Is it hard and what tools will I need. As you all know I like to DIY :)

What brand other then RE and UUC offer these? Maybe we can have a group buy on these pulleys from someone. Who will offer the best price??

TIA,
Charlie
Charlie -- no clutch fan if you have a 5-sp manual.

Installed my RE pulleys 2 weekends ago .. I did not notice much different UNTIL I have the a/c turned on ... the car just pulled stronger as if the a/c was off. My 323 used to cough at green light (or I have to give it more gas before lifting the clutch) wiht the a/c on ... now .. wooo hooo... smile on my face.

I guess all relibale brands of pulleys will do the same, so all donw to price & availability & customer service. Give Rennsport a call, they had RE pulleys for sale few weeks ago.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,372 Posts
Wagon Man said:
Charlie -- no clutch fan if you have a 5-sp manual.

Installed my RE pulleys 2 weekends ago .. I did not notice much different UNTIL I have the a/c turned on ... the car just pulled stronger as if the a/c was off. My 323 used to cough at green light (or I have to give it more gas before lifting the clutch) wiht the a/c on ... now .. wooo hooo... smile on my face.

I guess all relibale brands of pulleys will do the same, so all donw to price & availability & customer service. Give Rennsport a call, they had RE pulleys for sale few weeks ago.
He has steptronic so yes he would have to remove the clutch fan...

·
-not a mod-
21,081 Posts
I found my UUC ones in the for sale forum for a decent price.. look around someone is always parting out stuff.

·
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BMWERKEN said:
He has steptronic so yes he would have to remove the clutch fan...
Yes, Steptronic power all the way :woot: I need something to help my car move since SC wont be anytime soon. But after this winter I will have some more stuff to share :shhh:

·
Banned
4 Posts
Yellowmann said:
Yes, Steptronic power all the way :woot: I need something to help my car move since SC wont be anytime soon. But after this winter I will have some more stuff to share :shhh:
I have a few pully kits here ... :woot:

·
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts