BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the Evosport pulleys put on my car and there is absolutely no perceivable increase in power. I woiuld be surprised if there was a 3 HP increase. What a waste.

·
Registered
404 Posts
go for cam. I am sure you will notied some increase HP :thumbup:

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,831 Posts
These are one of those mods that make a slight difference. They've never been something that is going to add an immense ammount of power. They should help out when other mods are in place. I bet they would really begin to make some low end difference with a SC on board.

Little gains here and there should add up to good numbers overall down the road. I'm still waiting for news on the UUC underdrive pulleys

·
Kabiela.com
242 Posts
the original thread starter said it himself: "no perceivable increase in power". doesn't mean there wasn't any. a dyno before and after is the only way to be sure, but of course that takes extra time/money... still, i don't think it's a waste. every little mod counts. some more than others, and some cheaper than others...

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,831 Posts
Same here, but I'm waiting patiently (since I cant fit them into my budget right now anyway ;) ). I'm going to get the pulleys and the flywheel at the same time. Any one know what part numbers I'll need for the flywheel?

UUC says the flywheel requires the e46 330 clutch disk, pressure plate and throwout bearing. I need part numbers if some one can help me out :thumbup:

·
BMW Land Barge
1,376 Posts
Reportedly, the price of an LTW flywheel is that the car won't cruise at speed as well, along with all the noise and launch issues.

I wouldn't go for any set of pulleys that underdrives the alternator. Bimmers are TOO dependent on their electronics, and underdriving the alternator is risky.

4,231 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Reportedly, the price of an LTW flywheel is that the car won't cruise at speed as well, along with all the noise and launch issues.

With all due respect, that's utter nonsense. There is (and cannot be, simply by the nature of the mechanism) any difference in cruising... with the exception of better acceleration in any but top gear. Once the clutch is fully engaged and you are travelling at speed, there is a solid connection between motor and transmission - the clutch/flywheel is basically "locked up" and it wouldn't matter in that situation if the flywheel was five pounds or forty-five.

Launch characteristics change, but quite simply not much more of a difference than between two different cars.

Noise (slight chattering) varies from car to car, virtually nonexistent in most E46s, and any residual sounds can be reduced or eliminated by a change in tranny fluid.

Hope this helps!

- Rob

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,945 Posts
I want a LTW flywheel too. :sad:

Hey, Rob. Are you guys developing a TSE for the ///M3? I'm thinking of doing a quad exhaust conversion.

·
I SHOP @ TURNER MOTORSPORT
754 Posts
Pulleys

I just want to know if the pulleys are out for the 325 yet. If they are how much are they and what is the gain?>:dunno:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well I can't comment on EvoSport pulleys or any other ones, I had my RE ones installed over the weekend. The power gain isn't anything neckbreaking but it is something noticeable especially in the mid to high end. It's a realtively cheap and mod and to me every little bit adds up (ie intake, exhaust, software, etc.). Price to performance ratio I think they are definitely worth it.

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
3,881 Posts
Guys just out of curiosity do the pulleys on the E46's have a alternator pulley?? I've had pulley's on my previous vehicles ( American muscle) and never had anything but draining issue's on the battery. You could always feel a slight SOTP difference but it never was enough to justify the drain on the battery they caused me. Anyone with answers?? :dunno:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Believe Evosports offer ones with a underdrive pulley and one that is just lighter for cars with audio equpiment. RE is just the steering and water pump, with no alternator pulleys, and UUC I have no clue, maybe Rob can jump in with some pre-release info. Craig please don't tell me you want pulleys next, you practically have everything, just throw in the kitchen sink somewhere in the ride and call it a day :D

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
3,881 Posts
RR BuGGz said:
Believe Evosports offer ones with a underdrive pulley and one that is just lighter for cars with audio equpiment. RE is just the steering and water pump, with no alternator pulleys, and UUC I have no clue, maybe Rob can jump in with some pre-release info.
Thanx Dre, by the way Happy Holidays to you and the old lady!! :thumbup:

·
Big in Japan
1,358 Posts
craig, just make sure its a carbon fiber sink, dont want to add excess weight or the power pulleys are pointless.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts