BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my $120.00 pulley kit installed today. I bought Matt's "blowout" special on Friday. It arrived on Saturday, too late for my mechanic to install it. (I don't work on my own car)

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=195866

My 2001 330Cic has the "over-boosted" steering. BMWNA has denied me a steering retro-fit because I am not an original owner.

I have only driven the car about 15 miles, but I am very impressed.

First observations on the pulley is that the steering is tighter. I am glad that this upgrade got rid of some of the "boost".

I have a steptronic and from a standstill I can turn and squeal my tires. Usually I floor it and the DSC kicks in. Now, I can squeal my tires.

I believe that there is more power, I can feel a little more pull.

Need to drive it more. Will update with a furth review.

BTW - I have an ECIS intake that screams. It seems happier with a little more power. :woot:

·
Banned
72 Posts
The extra power pulleys give is not as dramatic as you make it seems. Theres a little kick in power when added in with other mods, but its not gonna make a car that can't peel out, all of a sudden peel out just because of the pulleys.

But for 120 bucks, why not.

Is Umnitza a trusted company with their performance mods?

·
Ultimate Wagon
1,661 Posts
Chris - CA Bay said:
I had my $120.00 pulley kit installed today. I bought Matt's "blowout" special on Friday. It arrived on Saturday, too late for my mechanic to install it. (I don't work on my own car)

My 2001 330Cic has the "over-boosted" steering. BMWNA has denied me a steering retro-fit because I am not an original owner.

:woot:
Just try to understand better: 15 miles since you bought the car? or 15 miles with pullies installed?

·
Banned
779 Posts
Chris - CA Bay said:

First observations on the pulley is that the steering is tighter. I am glad that this upgrade got rid of some of the "boost".

I have a steptronic and from a standstill I can turn and squeal my tires. Usually I floor it and the DSC kicks in. Now, I can squeal my tires.

I believe that there is more power, I can feel a little more pull.

Need to drive it more. Will update with a furth review.

BTW - I have an ECIS intake that screams. It seems happier with a little more power. :woot:
hi sorry for lame question.but what up w/ steering is there a problem wiyth some, i have 2000 323 cabrio.which would i have and whats the diff. between two types, which is better , and is this a warranty issue.thx for help

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
umnitza said:
15 miles with the Pulleys installed:)
I'm up to 500 miles now. The pulleys have been working out great. I haven't had any problems. Combined with the ECIS intake and me stomping on the gas, it makes driving more fun.

I'm still giving it a thumbsup. :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts