E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Flex UK Style
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from extended business trips to find my replacement race mesh from Umnitza waiting for me, so had some rest and got it installed. I think it looks awesome.

Before:

After

I love it, I think it sets of the front perfectly. What do you guys reckon?

Matt, if you're reading this, I will put the original one you sent me in the post back to you on Monday or Tuesday at the very latest. I'll drop you an e-mail just in case too.

Big thanks to Mel (BlueCougar) for hooking me up with Umnitza in the first place.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The mesh looks awesome.... also your Hamann add-on looks like the best one I've ever seen.... it doesn't have that cheap looking fluxuation in the middle part... perfectly straight. Awesome job man, keep up the good work :thumbup:

·
Help me Help you!
932 Posts
wow, looks very nice :thumbup:
how difficult was the install? did it require you to take the bumper or
or does the mesh go right over the existing mesh? also what type of
mtech addon is that?

thx

·
Flex UK Style
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks for the compliment swank, appreciate it :) The little fluctuation you're talking about IS actually there, but it goes out and not up, I'll take another picture from another angle to show you what I mean.

@Itchy - The install was fiddly more than anything, it's just attached using cable ties. You just have to thread them through, the most difficult part is when you thread them through, to be able to get the tie to double back on itself to grab it and lock it in the loop, but once I figured it out it took about 15 minutes. The only tool you need is a set of needle nose pliers :)

Add on is Hamann Competition splitter

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Really, I have mixed feelings about it. I like the grill, but I find it contrasts your black car. Like you've blacked out the car and the grill shines through.

but you have a beautiful car nonetheless

·
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)
2,280 Posts
Looking real nice, BigFas :thumbup: I love your Hamann Competition lip. Where did you purchase your hamann lip?

·
Registered
149 Posts
BigFas said:
Got back from extended business trips to find my replacement race mesh from Umnitza waiting for me, so had some rest and got it installed. I think it looks awesome.

Before:

After

I love it, I think it sets of the front perfectly. What do you guys reckon?

Matt, if you're reading this, I will put the original one you sent me in the post back to you on Monday or Tuesday at the very latest. I'll drop you an e-mail just in case too.

Big thanks to Mel (BlueCougar) for hooking me up with Umnitza in the first place.
I'm sorry in my opinion I think the oem mesh is look much better than the race mesh that u just got. Anyway ur car sill nice.. Congrats :woot:

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :cry: :cry: :(

Your car was perfect as it was, why did you have to do this :(

·
Flex UK Style
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, some mixed reactions :)

I was feeling the blacked out look and was debating big time about it, but now it's on, I really like it, I guess that's what matters at the end of the day. Having said that, it's 100% removable so who knows :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
BigFas said:
LOL, some mixed reactions :)

I was feeling the blacked out look and was debating big time about it, but now it's on, I really like it, I guess that's what matters at the end of the day. Having said that, it's 100% removable so who knows :)

BIGFAS::::: love that grille, where did u get it from.... car looks sick :drool:

·
'a certain moderator'
35,464 Posts
i think it looks good, but blackout was better, IMHO

now that its on, you should see if ur shop cant match the color, then do your foglight surrounds in the same color... might looks hot :D

·
Flex UK Style
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
simsima, you saying I should get the grill bodycoloured? You reckon thered be any difference from powdercoat? I'm going to leave it silver for now, but may well powdercoat it ready for the new show season next year, undecided yet, I'm liking it in silver.

Waiting for my ACS mirrors to arrive, then giving them in to paint, when I do that, I'll be giving them the fog surrounds too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts