·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that wasn't very helpful no offense...

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Hello. I am looking to buy a strut bar, and have found this one on Ebay. Now I know most people on this forum are against using Ebay, but this looks O.K. It is an AC Rep Strut Bar. Will this strut bar be as good of quality, as most others? Here is the link to the bar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-05-BMW-E46-FRONT-UPPER-STRUT-BRACE-BAR-325-328I-330I_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414ba96727QQitemZ280442267431QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3988wt_941
I'd hope more people would be against rip offs than ebay but whatever, dude its a strut bar.. it's useless. If you want to pay an extra 120 dollars to have it pretty up your engine bay go ahead but it's not going to do anything more than a 10 dollar strut tower reinforcement disk will do. It's not going to improve your handling.. it will just stop your strut tower from deforming if you hit a pothole.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I say go ahead.

Quality shouldn't be a problem and it looks pretty and will tighten up the front end. It may also improve handling a bit, as a bonus.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My ebay car parts rule is this:

If at any given time there are more than 2 of the exact same ad listed, its more than likely junkie, mass-produced, Chinese knock-off crap.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
soo.... should I lol??

·
Registered
670 Posts
Have the same strut bar on my 2004 330Xi. It works great and seems to be well constructed and structurely sound. Can't remember what I paid for it, but around there.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would say aesthetically, that strut bar is not a bad looking replica. This is just my .02, but save your money and focus on a different area of performance.

·
Banned
6,750 Posts
buy ebay headers instead

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
that's $120 you could have spent on better sway bars

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It's a piece of aluminum. I doubt one brand is going to do a much better job than another.

·
Registered
29,086 Posts
Authentic or replica, it's not going to do much...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts