BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
all stock
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We were on our way home after getting some Mochalottas from a <br>local Cinnabon. As I approached a light, a black full Reiger<br> E36 M3 with a Dinan badge and 18" HM2's was lined up on my<br> left. I decided to rev a little to see what his car had. Wasn't sure<br> if he was going to race cause he didn't bother looking over but<br> his girl did give us a glance. I had two other guys in my car and,<br> off the line he got the jump as I rolled off trying not to build up too<br> much boost since I'd just be lighting up the rears and standing still.<br> 1/8 mile down the road, another light comes up and he takes<br> a left so I decide to follow and get a longer race. As we approach<br> a freeway, he enters and I'm thinking okay, it'll be a longer race. As<br> we enter the freeway, there's a ton of traffic so there's no where<br> to go. As we're crawling along at 45mph, I can hear his Dinan<br> exhaust roaring as he's in gear and prepared take off. As a lane<br> opened up, he goes and I'm in gear too and I pass him but he<br> decides to slow for some reason. I downshift to second gear going<br> about 45 waiting for him to catch up. I see him accelerating hard<br> from about 200 ft behind me and the guys in the car are<br>yelling "go, go!!!" As he approaches, he's nearing 100mph and this<br> is where I mess up. My newly installed UUC shoft shifter kit<br> decides to jam itself between 3rd and 5th gear as I'm doing the<br> 2nd to 3rd gear shift. This is the third time this has happened<br> since I've installed the kit yesterday. I'm hoping it breaks in and<br> gets a lot better but now I want to take it off because of it's <br>notchiness. Well, we get off the freeway and get onto local streets<br> and the guy doesn't go so we decide to turn back and head on<br> home with our heads down and tails between our legs. Oh well,<br> you win some you lose some.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Paul, that sucks bro. My UUC shifter was doing the same thing at the beginning, on fast shifts into 3rd, the shifter would get stuck between 3rd and 5th, and sometimes would go into 5th. I remember 3rd gear being so hard to get into. Give it some time, a week or so, and the problem will dissapear.

From a technical standpoint I don't know what causes this, but maybe someone might be able to provide some insight.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
wait untill its broken in

it will do better and you won't feel silly. i know about that breaking in my smg2 with sport button on. it jerks untill comp.knows my foot pressure. feel so low when people are checking car out and it bucks like crazy. all well what are you going to do lolllllllll
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Im The Man
1,261 Posts
damn all that work and u lost. that means your car sucks, your turbo sucks. I think you should give me the turbo and everything since its no use now. Ill improve on it and get back to you. :) :tongue:

·
TX Dinan 3
835 Posts
for real Krome, if you dont want that turbo, id be more than glad to take it off your hands. i need a turbo setup bad, could you pm me some information on it please. thanks bro

·
Banned
966 Posts
Give the SSK a week or so to break it. The notchiness should disappear, it did on mine. The SSK is by far my favorite mod.

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
5,761 Posts
don't sweat it... you still got one of the hottest and fastest E46s out there! :yikes:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Don't sweat it man, I mean the guy could be an excellent driver and with a nice car like his, I'm sure he's used to it. Your also breaking in a new short shifter and that can be a pain sometimes. My friend didn't have a problem with his UUC short shifter on his E36 323is that I know of, but I could ask. Maybe he could give some advice on the subject!! Better luck next time!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts