E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I was driving on a highway last night and my tyre pressure sensor light came on. I just had new tyres put on the front last weekend, so I thought it might have something to do with that.

But then I noticed the steering wheel controls for the radio, phone, and cruise control had turned off. No lights and no controls. The gear shift paddles still worked though.

I stopped and checked the tyre pressures. They were 42psi, when the recommended is 35psi, so I fixed that and drove on. Not long afterward I noticed the steering wheel controls were back. This morning I reset my tyre pressure sensor and now everything seems normal.

Does the tyre pressure sensor warning disable the steering wheel so you can't use cruise control?

Anyone else ever seen this?

e46 325ci Sport 2006 37,500km (23,000 miles)

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Your tire pressure was 42psi right after driving? If so, that's completely fine. as they heat up the PSI increases. You're only supposed to fill tires up when they're cold. So check again and now set it to 35psi.
Check your battery voltage. . In the car turn the key to position 2, hold the trip reset button on your cluster (the left one) until you see "test 1". When "test 1" pops up, keep clicking until 19. When you reach test 19, stop clicking until you see "test 19.0". Now click once and it'll go back to test 1. Keep clicking until test 9 - that'll be your battery voltage. Report back with what it is

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.