BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Europrojektz East
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had mentioned to NickACS in one of his earlier postings that I'm considering going a different route in two-toning my car. I found out that a company called CoverKing makes custom two tone seat covers for the BMW 323i (as well as other model BMWs). These two tone seat covers come in leatherette material or in Neoprene material. Given that my seats are leatherette, I'm strongly considering going with leatherette two tone seat covers (for both front and rear seats).
Anyhow, my question is regarding my choice of colors. My 323i is silver and my interior is black right now with AC Schnitzer black CF interior, OEM chrome gearshift and chrome ebrake handle (I'm including a link to my earlier posting with pics of my interior below). I'm considering going with black/red two tone, black/light gray two tone, or black/dark gray two tone. Given that my car is silver on the exterior, would it look bad to have a two tone black/red interior? Most of the earlier two tone postings I've seen with black/red are done in cars with exterior color of red. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=71675&highlight=navin323i

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,920 Posts
I would go with the black/grey combo.
but the black/red might look good too.
sorry, I'm no help

·
Europrojektz East
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is some additional info... CoverKing's website is:

http://www.coverking.com/

Again, all I'm asking is for feedback regarding what two-tone color combination would look best in a silver exterior-colored 323i - I'm leaning towards the two-tone black/red, but from the earlier posts I've seen here, only red BMWs had a two tone black/red interior. My other options are black/light gray or black/dark gray (this is my second choice if I don't go with black/red). Thanks.

·
name's PHIL
6,087 Posts
how about blk/silver like your car.......seen an M5 with it, looked schweeeeeeeet

·
Europrojektz East
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
truwon said:
I would go with the black/grey combo.
but the black/red might look good too.
sorry, I'm no help
Good to hear from you, Truwon. Which black/grey combo were you referring to (light or dark grey?) I like black/red but I haven't seen any silver exterior BMWs with black/red two tone interiors (I've only seen red exterior BMWs with this color combination).

·
Europrojektz East
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He and his said:
how about blk/silver like your car.......seen an M5 with it, looked schweeeeeeeet
Yeah, I've seen that color combination (in fact someone on this board has the black/light gray (silver) two tone seats and it looks great. I thought I might try something different though and it seems that most people who have two-tone seats go with a color that matches their exterior car color. Am I right?

·
name's PHIL
6,087 Posts
u'r right cause that matches the best..........if u had a blk car, blk/red would be the pimpest:pimpin:

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,920 Posts
Navin323i said:

Yeah, I've seen that color combination (in fact someone on this board has the black/light gray (silver) two tone seats and it looks great. I thought I might try something different though and it seems that most people who have two-tone seats go with a color that matches their exterior car color. Am I right?
Yeah, I think using a similar color to your car helps keep a flow or theme running. I was thinking light grey. But I completely understand you wanting to try something different.

·
Europrojektz East
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He and his said:
u'r right cause that matches the best..........if u had a blk car, blk/red would be the pimpest:pimpin:
So do you think that black/red two tone seats would look bad in a silver exterior colored BMW? I'm starting to think it might not look too bad especially since I'm sure there are silver BMWs out there with the tanin red interior.

The only drawback I see with getting black/silver (i.e. light grey) two tone seats is that I'd have to be extra cautious in making sure that nothing stains the the light grey portion of the seats. The grey portion of the black/dark grey two tone seats might be a better option although the dark grey might look better with a steel grey exterior color.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
you should go with

black/silver or black gray to carry the color of your body color and your c/f black and the alum inside your car.

but if you like the black/ red color get that if you like it. it will go with silver or gray or black because they are neut. colors
good luck on your choice.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,920 Posts
Navin, do you have any wide angle shots of your car with the doors open? Maybe someone can P-shop red into your interior to help your decision.

·
Registered
726 Posts
ive seen silver with red leather(not two tone but still red) and it looked awesome...red looks good on all exteriors i think except green (too Christmassy)

·
Europrojektz East
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
truwon said:
Navin, do you have any wide angle shots of your car with the doors open? Maybe someone can P-shop red into your interior to help your decision.
At the moment I don't, but that's definitely a good idea. There are earlier postings in this forum by people who have posted pics of their black/red two-tone seats so I have a good idea how the car will look with the seats, but given that the rest of my car will remain black, along with the black CF trim, aluminum gearshift and ebrake, I'm questioning whether black/red is my best choice or black/light grey. Someone did mention that black/red could work in my car since black and silver are neutral colors so black/red two tone seats inside a silver BMW could work. Right now I've narrowed my choice down to black/red and black/light grey (light grey is the closest color to silver that CoverKing uses).

The big thing to point out here is that going with these particular seat covers are advantageous to me since if I ever get tired of the "two-tone" look, I can simply remove the seat covers.

·
Europrojektz East
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: you should go with

bobm3 said:
black/silver or black gray to carry the color of your body color and your c/f black and the alum inside your car.

but if you like the black/ red color get that if you like it. it will go with silver or gray or black because they are neut. colors
good luck on your choice.
bobm3 ;) ;)
Thanks Bob! Your advice as always is most helpful. Yeah, I'll either go with black/light grey (closest thing CoverKing has to silver) or black/red. It will definitely be a tough choice.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
:pimpin:

i would go with the red and black two-tone.

·
Registered
785 Posts
If you're forking out any dough and getting two-tone interior, get one that stands out like black/red, blue, white, or something whacked. Gray doesn't stand out in my opinion. I've seen a pic of a silver M3 convertible with black/red two-tone and it's screaming HOT!! Get something that's worth your money and a lot different than stock if you're planning to do this. Then post pics :pimpin:

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,694 Posts
DEf go with red and black...that looks amazing...someone here has a step with red and black interior with chrome knobs and stuff, hold on ill upload a pic soon...
-ALex

1 - 20 of 47 Posts