BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok question #1: Where do I find the all black tail lights that I see on some of these E46's?

Question #2: Looking at a few cars I see this monitor in middle where the radio should be what is that is that a navi system, your standard dvd player with monitor, or one of those new systems that uses a hard drive? I think that on of the coolest things I've seen because it still looks fkush with the car.

Thanks for the help!

·
Chilly Willy
1,856 Posts
Stew330i said:
Ok question #1: Where do I find the all black tail lights that I see on some of these E46's?

Question #2: Looking at a few cars I see this monitor in middle where the radio should be what is that is that a navi system, your standard dvd player with monitor, or one of those new systems that uses a hard drive? I think that on of the coolest things I've seen because it still looks fkush with the car.

Thanks for the help!
I dont know about the tail lights

I Have a kenwood double din DVD Player/Navigation system here is the link, It doesnt use a hard drive though, i believe the one you are talking about is the eclispe model... I got my unit from kenwood direct but other places sell it as well, here is a pic of it

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=201495&page=1&pp=20

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts
1. The folks that have the blacked out taillights had them done by a bodyshop.

2. You're probably seeing the stock Navi system.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
russ330 said:
1. The folks that have the blacked out taillights had them done by a bodyshop.

2. You're probably seeing the stock Navi system.

Believe me its not the stock Navi I know how it looks like.

·
Banned
407 Posts
I think there is a DIY somewhere on this sight about how to put your tail lights like that....they have been "smoked" with special lens tint (its a spray)

Is you say its NOT the stock navi...then I know what you looked at...and it is a custom job..they flush fit a monitor in front of the shift stick and some people put a computer in there...others use it as a DVD player...etc. Any ways...its custom.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
russ330 said:
Does it look like this?

SrCsTc's sig:

No its lower than that its where the ashtry would be in some cars that how low itw was on the dash

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you see where the climate control and the tray is in your picture that's where the monitor was positioned.

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts
I get what you're saying, lemme look around for some of the guys that have that set up. Almost all of them that you will see are aftermarket setups, with custom mounts.

There is an OEM navigation system that you can buy as well that goes in that spot as well, few people have it though. It's got a neat lil' remote control holder too.

Anyway, I'll search around, it may take a bit, so don't hold your breath. :)

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,236 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts