BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 328i 99k miles

So when I bought the car, the buttons on the key did absolutely nothing. I assumed the key's battery was dead. But I tested it at my local autoparts dealer and apparently the battery works just fine. So what could be the issue???

Front passengers side window was making a horrendous crunching noise and now will only roll up halfway. Airbag light came on around the same time the window got stuck. I'm assuming its the window regulator. Just wanna confirm before I buy the part. N how do I go about reseting the airbag light?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Use the key when driving around it will recharge since the battery is supposedly good. Yes that lovely crunch is the window regulator. To get that light to go away or figure out why its on you will have to take it to a local indy shop or BMW dealer they can reset it and tell you whats wrong, but probably for a fee. Autozone and places like that wont be able to help with this code you cant get the code through the generic OBDII port.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Pre '01 cars do NOT have rechargeable batteries. Just buy a battery and see if it works, dont just go by the words of some idiot working at the counter, buy a battery and test its only 3 dollars .

Yes its your regulator.

Scan the can to find out what caused the light to go off, fix the problem and reset the light.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
replace battery if still not working try to sync the fob.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Pre '01 cars do NOT have rechargeable batteries. Just buy a battery and see if it works, dont just go by the words of some idiot working at the counter, buy a battery and test its only 3 dollars .

Yes its your regulator.

Scan the can to find out what caused the light to go off, fix the problem and reset the light.
opps my fault didn't even notice the year thank you for correcting me. I'm guessing he used that little key fob tester at autozone that is suppose to tell you if it works or not. Just get a new battery like blocked out said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts