BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least two people were killed on the Northern State Parkway in Dix Hills Thursday night around 8:30 in a horrific traffic accident that left emergency responders searching a wide area for the victims' body parts, officials said.

Dix Hills Fire Chief Larry Feld said, "We got called for an extrication, but obviously there was nothing we could do when we got here."

Feld said an eastbound BMW, which contained at least two people, was probably traveling at an extremely high speed when the driver lost control and crashed into a wooded median between the lanes, east of Exit 42, Deer Park Avenue. "They got ejected out of the car," Feld said.

The victims had not been identified. Feld said he suspects they were teenagers, as school material was found in the wreckage. "I've been doing this 231/2 years, and this has to be in the top two of the worst accidents I've seen," he said.

State Police were investigating the cause of the accident.

·
Registered
110 Posts
1 was from Merrick the other bellmore..Giacomo Alfieri, 17, of Whaleneck Drive in Merrick and passenger Michael Moniz, 17, of Grand Avenue in Bellmore
such a horrible thing

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
1 was from Merrick the other bellmore..Giacomo Alfieri, 17, of Whaleneck Drive in Merrick and passenger Michael Moniz, 17, of Grand Avenue in Bellmore
such a horrible thing

wow.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
RIP

and yeah it looks like an alpine white e92 coupe...judging from the rims...non sport package?

·
Registered
0 Posts
"It's better to loose a minute of your life, than your life in one minute"

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't care what you are driving. After 80mph the car is subject to anything and everything.

Wear your Go3 damn seatbealt!

I actually feel nude without it...

RIP:tsk:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
wow, I could only imagine the force it took to destroy the car like that. Very sad and tragic. Imagine the parents..damn

·
Registered
8 Posts
horrible. i drive thru there all the time. it seems like an easy stretch but every year i see more flowers and crosses put up it seems.
kids really need to be educated on what these cars can and cant do.
that car looked like it exploded in mid air. the axle, the gauge cluster..god..

·
Registered
770 Posts
dang how fast were they going to get the car to be split up in a million pieces...:yikes: seatbelt or not i dont think it would've helped them much:cry:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts