E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO basically guys, I sat here and looked at all the photos, and thought up on all the crap I can write about etc etc and I just came to the conclusion that short and sweet is the best way to do all this.

Anyway, ive had experience with other detailers before re interiors on other cars in which hadnt really shown night and day results, and being the anal person that i am, decided to give old mate Raj from TWD a go. What i did however is, before take the e46 in to get the interior cleaned up (its not really dirty but could do with a freshen up), I got Raj to clean up the guts of my civic, which is 3 years old with a century of kilometres having been put on it, I thought this will show me how effective and safe it is to do.

As we can see, the car, despite being taken care of and cleaned thoroughly, has still become filthy over time. The GREY leather, is now brown. Also note the armrest where my sweaty arm has sat:

The door card has also taken the same fate:

Now ill show you some other filthy bits and pieces of the car:

Look closely at all the scuffs and marks

The exhaust pipes have DEFINITELY seen better days. Last wash I went at them with those wretched steel wool cloths and a number of different products then snapped and tried to rip them off. Raj said he would put me to shame and i laughed at him and said I would buy him lunch as well if he could get them new again as added incentive (knowing he wouldnt have a chance mind you)

Anyway, its time for some DURING shots!

First half/half shows results that are dimmed down by the camera, believe it or not, in real life the difference is much more negligible. This was only the first run over the seat anyway!

As you can see in the next picture, the layer of borderline turd, urine and sweat (also sperm) has formed a barrier of grease ontop of the leather that beads the water up, whilst the treated leather has it all uniformly spread.

This time, the other side was cleaned up first!

One of the biggest surprises were the black stitching, in which I was unable to remember even having!

Looking at it now, the drivers seat is now much cleaner than the passenger seat, in which used to be much cleaner than the drivers seat! I am excited for the results of the passenger seats thats for sure!

Before and after of side bolster:

to this

Bottom of the passenger seat cleaned, versus dirty backrest

Now its time for some AFTER shots!!!

Ungreasy armrest! :excited:

I had to buy Raj lunch...... :eeps:

Hope that gave you some insight guys! unfortunately with the interior, the photos just dont do it justice, but im a super happy customer and thats all that counts!

xoxo gossip girl

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha nah we swung by the local chicken shop and just had to run into one of the boys who was buying meat for his barbecue that day that I had told him I couldn't make. Slightly awkward it was

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Raj is a brave man touching that interior! I'm increasingly impressed by the standard of TWD. Will need to get the Green Hornet there for a bit of a spring clean!

·
The Weekend Detailer
368 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yesterday one of the girls jumped in and asked if the car was new despite having sat in it about 20 times, good one raj!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Nice work Raj !!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I miss your hairy arms Sherv :shhh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts