E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sofa-king-what
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do not start call me DUM-DUM.... (i will not fit quad exaust/hood/wheels:flipoff: ).......

but my car had to stay in body shop for a long (1-2 months....for obvious reasons!!)....

i've to replace front/rear bumper - front fenders - S.skirts and everyrhing outside......

do you think i'm crazy if replace them with M3 stuff????

I don't want to look poser but since i must spend $$$... I want to spend them well....

anyone knows P/N for M3 rear fender (already done :search: ) but anything helpfull come out...

GRAZIE IN ANTICIPO (thanks in advance) :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
i say go for it, just try to keep "M3" off the car, like the wider fenders are fine, hood is cool, but the side gills i think would be pushin it. Maybe think about getting a widebody kit while you need to replace all that stuff??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Actually if u were really trying to go all out with the M3 theme, u can fit the quad exhaust by cutting into your spare tire well, you CAN fit the hood by using the 328 hood posts and since you are gonna have the fenders anyways i dont think u will have any gaps. As for the wheels u can find replicas in 18" w/ tires for $1150 or 19" w/out tires for $1250. If you are interested in doing the rear fenders and bumper there are kits sold for that as well for about $1100. And i am personally in the process of trying to find Imola Red M3 interior myself, so that would look good too.

IMO i think it will look great. M3 looks for about $15,000 less than factory. :thumbup:

M3 Wheels www.thewheelexchange.com
M3 Conversion Kit www.evosport.com

·
needs a new sig...
3,408 Posts
I also say go for it..everything but the words M3..i have seen other badges in the side gills you could put in that would work..overall as long as it isnt badged M3 its a good idea and you will get respect!

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
i personally wouldnt go out of my way to change my 3 coupe into a look alike M, but if you are replacing all the stuff due to your accident, why not? will look nice. just remember that if you use your stock wheels or whatever aftermarket ones you had for coupe, they will look thin and small

-brendan

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
BGReddy00 said:
just trade it in for the money your gonna spend
i am sure his insurance will cover the cost of the stock 3 coupe body panels... so he is really just throwing down the difference between that and the M3 stuff... he probly wont have to pay extra for the additional paint too.

if u had a sedan, i would suggest the Breyton Widebody.... they need to make that for coupe!!

-brendan

·
Registered
886 Posts
i say u get the sides, front, hood, mirrors, fenders if u want, but i don't think you should do the Quad, cuz the cut out of your spare will turn your resale value to ****... the side grills is unnecessary.. just do side, front, mirror, do a tint, lip spoiler and maybe like an ACS rear or something...

·
Registered
137 Posts
if you're ready to throw down so much money why not start with an M3?

I know its an accomplishment to throw down dough and come up with something unique - but isn't that much money to convert it near the cost of a M3?

·
Sofa-king-what
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just a thing...

i don't rememember if i said it in the other thread.....but my insurance shouldn't give me anything-nada-zero..... in fact my contract with the insurance WAS (untill 4 months ago) that they will refund me the 90% of the damage.
I changed it just 'cause it was so expensive.... and they,now, should pay only if in the accident were involved other cars (and the insurance had to pay only their damage...not mine)...

I have to pay anyway.....

so exclude that I change my ride (for the moment).....it isn't worth..(i planned to buy M3 next year....but now seems to be impossible)

if i had to change only the bumpers....it was easy...Hamann allround and the game is done......

but considering that must change everything...why not use m3 pieces..... the price difference between normal and M3 is small,and the dealer (we're friends) told me that he will make me a BIG discount on the stuff......(that's why i'm looking for oem pieces instead of a full widebody kit)

but there are no problem for the front.... the problems comes with the back of the car.....
imagine a car wider in the front than in the rear

:thumbdwn: :lmao: :lmao: NOT GOOOOOOD

in few words, what do you think it's better

1) fix the car as stock( with original fenders ,I mean), and then replace the rest with Hamann's (or other)
2)GO ON!!! EVOLVE IT!!! make a lil'M3??
3)sell everything as it is and buy a civic??? (uh uh uh )

I hate ppl that put ///M3 badge on a non M3 car....i'll never do it.....

·
Sofa-king-what
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
why I can't buy an M3 right now..

...just because a new M3 will cost 60.000 € (an used M3 from germany 40.000-45.000€)

my car was valutated 25.000€......(in the old condition).....in these condition 5.000-7.500 €

I planned to buy it next fall.....

.....not a problem anymore......

take a look to autovogue

there is a section called AVR... in which they modify an hamann kit...
seems pretty cool... (or not:confused: :confused:)

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
3,455 Posts
Your footin the bill who gives a **** what anyone else thinks??? Make it your own and do what makes u happy!!! :thumbup:

·
Sofa-king-what
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Craig said:
Your footin the bill who gives a **** what anyone else thinks??? Make it your own and do what makes u happy!!! :thumbup:
:bow: :bow: :bow:

yep... i guess this is the best solution......

i skip the widebody an focus myself for something more cheap-easy & attractive
:pimpin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
It will be costly. For instance the rear bumper on the M3 is wider thus the rear quarter panel of the 328 will have to be modified. Then, if you want to fit a real M3 exhaust you will have to modify the spare wheel well and put a M3 floor in that space. Then you definately will have to spend some money on your engine because everyone will want to test you

·
Sofa-king-what
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
for the moment i've disconnected the brain.... i'll be a vegetal for 10 min.
i'll reply later...:pimpin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts