BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna cut the bullshit when everyone introduces the thread and pretends like they know a little about what they are talking about.
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FORCED INDUCTION (but I'm not a retard )

1) Which has more power in a Beamer? Turbo or Super? I always thought a super threw more down
2) Does a BMW turbo for under 2,000 exist?!
3) HPF is too ridiculous with prices (20,000?????? My car better take off and fly for that much)

Shoot me over some advice

Thank You Very Much

·
ninja editor
2,210 Posts
teh best thing you can do is research. There is only one e46nonM turbo kit, it's technique tuning. There is no good cheap tuning solution. Use the forum search tool, it's a great resource and to better understand this scene.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
1. you would be better off with a supercharger as those kits are more common for the nonM.
2. 2K is a really short leash but you may be able to find a used kit for between 2 and 3K if your doing the isntall yourself.
3. you will still have to send ECU to company X to have it tuned.

·
Registered
28,945 Posts
Do research. You will then be disappointed to find out the only reliable way to get more power out of your car is to spend BIG BUCKS.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I'm gonna cut the bullshit when everyone introduces the thread and pretends like they know a little about what they are talking about.
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FORCED INDUCTION (but I'm not a retard )

1) Which has more power in a Beamer? Turbo or Super? I always thought a super threw more down
2) Does a BMW turbo for under 2,000 exist?!
3) HPF is too ridiculous with prices (20,000?????? My car better take off and fly for that much)

Shoot me over some advice

Thank You Very Much
1. Turbo but the difference is not that big
2. No (while there might be kits available for 2K the cost of the install and mainly tuning will bring it close to 6K)
3. It pretty much does fly but they only make kits for the M

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
WHAT HAPPEN TO THE FORUM THESE DAYS? DID I SELL MY CAR TO A !% YEAR OLD?

-TrippinBimmer

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
$2k is a very small budget for FI no matter what car you have, you need to come up with a more realistic budget if your going to pursue Forced Induction.

·
Banned
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no you havent sold your car to a 2 year old. I know quite alot about cars, especially beamers. History, options, style, and all that. Probably more than you. I also know alot pretty much everything that i can put in my car BESIDES FORCED INDUCTION.

MY BAD, I am so accustomed to the rx7 and rsx-s or supra's where you can buy a bolt on turbo for 2-3 grand.
BMW FI is new to me

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,792 Posts
I think u got your answers for your b I m m e r.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.