BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently gathering parts to build a boosted M54b30, and Ive been looking at several turbocharger options, but if anyone has any advice or a suggestion, it would be very appreciated info.
I have my e46 setup for autocross and the occasional track day. So for autocross, Id benefit from a turbo that would spool quicker on the bottom end, and for track days, I dont want to have it choke on me at the top end because its too small.
Ive been looking between either getting a garrett or borg warner, Ive read a couple of post that a gt35 has been the go to turbo, but my last couple of builds I did on other platforms has been either a holset hx35 or borg warner s366.
Im on the fence also of getting away from MS43 and going standalone, such as AEM, ECUmaster, megasquirt,..ect, if anybody has advice on that for the least amount of headaches on a e46 platform, its very helpful also.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
867 Posts
GTX3582r on ebay for 140 bucks its a good turbo and cheap, it will spool at 4200 rpm , on my engine It spools at 3200 because i have ported head i guess. Ms43 will be straight forward because everything is available online for free, with standalone its a lot of headache to get everything to work right

1 - 2 of 2 Posts