BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’ve been having trouble finding information about if it’s a good idea to turbo my car it’s also an automatic if that helps. Do you think I can turbo my car with no problems? If not can you guys help me to have other ideas in to make my car faster I’m new at all this and since I got my car I’ve been trying to study and get a better understanding and I’ve been trying to make my car fast. Thank you guys for your opinion and help.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
There is A LOT that goes into doing this correctly to make it reliable. Lots more than most that want to do it realize. It costs a lot of money, welding and fabrication is required. Tuning is required. Rear subframe mounting point reinforcement, the auto trans regularly self destructs at stock power level. Not sure how strong the awd system is but I'd guess not enough. Even if you push it to 350-400 hp, that's double stock power. And still not that much now. If you want a powerful car, I would start with something else. It doesn't take much to get a 335 to 400hp. The USA v8 cars have the best aftermarket performance parts support. Plenty of options that would suit your goal better.

Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Best bang for the buck is to contact your local car clubs and do a few (or a lot of) driver education days. It'll make YOU faster.

t

1 - 4 of 4 Posts