E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 325xi (Prod 09/03)
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The tube is in good working order and sealed fine for a long time but i've been raising, shifting the motor and trans all around doing my rear main seal job. I broke the seal on my surly flattened oring. I'm pretty sure i can replace the oring and not but a whole new tube as that is the point of failure. I did that with my upper radiator hose.

Been looking for about 10 mins trying to find the name of it but i know it's the one that goes into the heater valve. Kinda don't want to wait on shipping does anyone know if i can find one locally that can withstand this application?

I believe this is the part number 64218376999 but still don't know the oring size

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,649 Posts
Somewhere in amongst my threads is the size of a macmaster o-ring that fits all those heating system hoses. I bought a bag of 50 or 100...if you want to pm me your address, I'm happy to mail you some...but I'll go and find the bag and get back with the sizes marked in case you can't wait for the usps. :)

My bag reads 70 BUNA 3.5 x 22

The ones for upper and lower radiator hoses is 70 BUNA 4 x 38

Both worked...both needed silicone lube and some umpf to get on. I'm sure bmw sources some o-ring a half-millimeter smaller or something to f with us. tsk.

Don't know the size of the small o-ring to the ET, but think it's 5/8" x something, but don't quote me.

Have fun...let me know if I can help!

·
Registered
2001 325i 5mt. 2009 535xi Touring 6mt.
597 Posts
I haven’t heard of many people who pulled those pipes out in one piece. I personally would replace. When I removed mine all the ends snapped off in the head and I had to fish them all out with picks. Also had to remove water pump to get pieces that fell into there.

·
Registered
2004 325xi (Prod 09/03)
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm happy to mail you some...but I'll go and find the bag and get back with the sizes marked in case you can't wait for the usps. :)
Much appreciate the hospitality, i think it's a 20x3mm but not 100& sure, i just placed an order for one off ebay and i'm going to pray that the hose comes off the hard line in one piece. I swear i was just trying to fix a rear main seal....

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,649 Posts
Confirming what's hidden above...I have sent the OP o-rings I used...all Buna

...for the ancillary hoses...which I got a link to from here years ago 3.5 x 22

For the radiator hoses: 4 x 38

Only other one in the system is the smallest o-ring in the upper radiator hose...the one for the ET. I believe that's 5/8" x 1/8" but don't quote me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts