BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the additional resonators in the UUC TSE2 exhaust hinder performance any? Not sure if I want to be quite as loud as the straight pipes will make it but I def. don't want to lose power (if and when I get this exhaust).

Input please.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I would say that the difference between straight and resonated is about 2-3 HP max. Thats just my guess... im sure other people on here could give you details. My impression that it won't give you too much of a power gain and straight is quite loud.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nico3k said:
I would say that the difference between straight and resonated is about 2-3 HP max. Thats just my guess... im sure other people on here could give you details. My impression that it won't give you too much of a power gain and straight is quite loud.
Will straight pipes get me pulled over? ;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
are you talking about switching between using the straight pipe section and the resonator for the "tunable" sound?!?

if so.. then it's legal either way because you're not touching your cat.......

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Iniquity said:
are you talking about switching between using the straight pipe section and the resonator for the "tunable" sound?!?

if so.. then it's legal either way because you're not touching your cat.......
Yes, that's what we're discussing. Just wondering what the perf. difference between the two sections would be.

I'm not worried about emissions being legal.. i'm worried about vehicle sound level laws. I'm afraid I may be pulled over for having an exhaust that's too loud.

My friend with a Camero SS got pulled over for that reason with his stock exhaust. :lmao:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
power will not change. the resonator is still a straight through design, it's just baffled to quiet the sound. i orig. had the ressy in and decided to try the straight section one night, i will NEVER go back...........those who say it's too loud need to put their stock system back on and go have some milk and cookies......

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cls1000 said:
power will not change. the resonator is still a straight through design, it's just baffled to quiet the sound. i orig. had the ressy in and decided to try the straight section one night, i will NEVER go back...........those who say it's too loud need to put their stock system back on and go have some milk and cookies......
I agree... I like it loud but there are some parts of Westchester that are stuck up and I think the cops might harass me. I need to find someone who has one close to me so I can hear it in person.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts