E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for specific info on an Axle Support Bracket on an 02 330xi. Part # 31537500850. Seems ridiculous to pay $240 for the assembly when I can replace the bearing & seal for much less. Has anyone pulled the bearing? :unsure:

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Camera accessory Camera lens Automotive design

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
7,321 Posts
Your best bet is to pull out the seal. Look up the part number and do a Google search.
Alternately your best bet is to take the part to a trusted bearing shop. They can match/cross it for you.
I would avoid any cheap brands and/or Fleabay.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I am well aware of the procedures & options. Just wondering if anyone has done this with or with out success.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok the bearing is a 6007-C3 about $40, YEAH $40! Avg price for the assembly is $215. Bore: 35mm, OD: 62mm, W: 14mm. It can' be removed from the inside. So my approach is to fab up a small puller to insert and reach the outer race. Not to big of a deal since I have the most of the front end off from doing the oil pan gasket, front axles, wheel bearings, etc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you have a lift? Or did you do all that work on jack stands? Nice job getting those big tickets items done. I'm sure it felt great getting it back together and getting her back on the road. It did for me at least since you have to remove so many parts getting to the oil pan.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I have a 2 post mid rise. I would not be able to do this on jack stands. More than a dozen spinal & shoulder surgeries ago-maybe. I can only work for 2-3 hrs. That's just the way it is, but I'm getting it done. When I did headers on the IS-F I had to raise and shift the engine, subframe, etc. I took a week to do it. Again, I did it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts