E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to order a 2003 330i from Herb Chambers.

I want the following:

Sports Package
Bi-Xenons
Moonroof

and a color combo or Alpine White/Grey Leather, Topaz/Grey Leather, or Silver Grey/Black Leather.

My salesman says he cannot find any of those in inventory so I'd have to order one. I can't order a Topaz anymore because as of March Mystic Blue replaces it. But the strange thing is..

He's not taking an order for ANY because he doesn't know the new pricing, and doesn't have any allocations??? :dunno: He said he'll call me once he knows more. Basically I am ready to place an order ASAP, but he won't take one yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Allocations for March builds and April deliveries were assigned on January 27. So he might have sold out of his March builds and has not gotten his April builds (probably late February). As for not allowing you to order because he doesn't have official pricing - that's crap. Look at my web site and you'll see pricing that has been out for several weeks. I (and others) knew about pricing about 4 weeks ago at the North American International Auto Show, since it was on the sticker display at it's release. Just go in there and you'll tell him that you are offering X over invoice, so what the MSRP is doesn't matter... Invoice prices are about 91% of MSRP prices just for a close approximation. The Adaptive Bi-Xenon's have an invoice price of $730, but I'm not 100% certain what the invoice price on the 330i's are.

enyce said:
I am trying to order a 2003 330i from Herb Chambers.

I want the following:

Sports Package
Bi-Xenons
Moonroof

and a color combo or Alpine White/Grey Leather, Topaz/Grey Leather, or Silver Grey/Black Leather.

My salesman says he cannot find any of those in inventory so I'd have to order one. I can't order a Topaz anymore because as of March Mystic Blue replaces it. But the strange thing is..

He's not taking an order for ANY because he doesn't know the new pricing, and doesn't have any allocations??? :dunno: He said he'll call me once he knows more. Basically I am ready to place an order ASAP, but he won't take one yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was planning on getting prices from Bmw Peabody and Bmw Gallery, then have Herb Chambers match the price. Trying to get $1200 over invoice.

I rather get the car from HC because it is literally a 5 minute walk from my apartment. :banghead:

·
Registered
345 Posts
enyce said:
I was planning on getting prices from Bmw Peabody and Bmw Gallery, then have Herb Chambers match the price. Trying to get $1200 over invoice.

I rather get the car from HC because it is literally a 5 minute walk from my apartment. :banghead:
wait for the 2004 model:thumbup:

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
Herb Chambers is pretty reputable. Maybe just go to another sales person when you go back. But the fact that he won't order the car b/c he doesn't know the pricing is bullsh*t.

Tell that to the people who have Porsche Carerra GT's or M6's on order. They haven't even guaranteed they'll build these cars, but dealers are still taking orders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can someone tell me if I am correct. A 330Ci as of March build will be a 2004 model. But a 330i, even with the new colors, will still be a 2003 correct??

·
Registered
359 Posts
enyce said:
Can someone tell me if I am correct. A 330Ci as of March build will be a 2004 model. But a 330i, even with the new colors, will still be a 2003 correct??
Yep, that's what I've heard. Herb Chambers must do some pretty good business if they've sold out all their allocated deliveries. Maybe if you wait, you can get the price you're looking for from them. :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts