BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 330xi
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Today I wanted to get rid of the hot check flash I get on my LED corners. I added resistors on both sides. Nothing, still got a flash every 30 sec. Even added another resistor thinking it wasn't resisting enough -.- Still got the hot check flash on my 1156 LEDs. Am I wrong assuming that a resistor would be able to fix the hot check flash?

Cheers,
-fana

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi all,

Today I wanted to get rid of the hot check flash I get on my LED corners. I added resistors on both sides. Nothing, still got a flash every 30 sec. Even added another resistor thinking it wasn't resisting enough -.- Still got the hot check flash on my 1156 LEDs. Am I wrong assuming that a resistor would be able to fix the hot check flash?

Cheers,
-fana
Are you adding the resistors in series or parallel?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2001 330xi
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are you adding the resistors in series or parallel?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Good point, I guess that was in parallel as I attached both resistors to the same spot on the main wires.
Was that bad? The full effect of both resistors would only be accomplished in series, now that I think about it, right? Should that get rid of the hot check flash?
-fana

·
Registered
2003 325xi 5spd Manual
895 Posts
Can easily code out hot and cold checks using BMW scanner, no soldering required. I did this for all my lights except for my xenons, fogs and DRL since I converted the entire car to LEDs. I also use the LED 1156's instead of paying for the corner lights instead of a full led set which goes for like 250$

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I think darkfires has it- the check current's enough to illuminate the LED no matter what you do, so just code it out.

I coded out the hot check, but left the cold on the E39 (which came to us with LEDs) just because... well, it's good
to know if they're working, and my 10 year old thinks it looks cool.

t
too cool to admit that he thinks it looks cool, too.

·
Registered
2001 330xi
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thing is, my LCM doesn't allow for coding out apparently, it's the older version, so I was hoping that by adding resistors to the corners I can get them from hot check flashing (my LED headlights don't do it for some reason) . New LCM just for this seems like a lot of work if it could be done via resistors.

Why do you say the current will always be enough to illuminate the LEDs (i.e., not fixable via resistors?)?

-fana

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Thing is, my LCM doesn't allow for coding out apparently, it's the older version, so I was hoping that by adding resistors to the corners I can get them from hot check flashing (my LED headlights don't do it for some reason) . New LCM just for this seems like a lot of work if it could be done via resistors.

Why do you say the current will always be enough to illuminate the LEDs (i.e., not fixable via resistors?)?

-fana
PM BaliDawg about coding the lighting control module (LKM). He can do it remotely via the internet.

·
Registered
2001 330xi
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He said he doesn't know about putting in a newer LCM.
Does anybody have a good source for a DIY to get a newer LCM version and code it to the car? (e.g., what LCM version exactly to get?) I found some posts but non seems like proper DIYs.
-fana

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
12,349 Posts
He said he doesn't know about putting in a newer LCM.
Does anybody have a good source for a DIY to get a newer LCM version and code it to the car? (e.g., what LCM version exactly to get?) I found some posts but non seems like proper DIYs.
-fana
Yeah, OP reached out directly to me and I honestly don’t know which LSZ versions have which festures. Overboost has a thread on replacing his LSZ with a newer one to get some fearures, so look at his threads.
Overboost LCM Threads
Here is one: LCM Swap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts