E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything special I need to know? My CSL trunk came in and I'm eager to install but I don't want to start something and not be able to complete because of a stupid oversight :banghead:

I only have a few questions?

What size torx will I need to remove the torx screws?

Reverse lights. Easy to remove? Do they easily slide out?

Wiring harness. Anything I should know?

I'm trying to cover all my steps. If there's anything else I should consider then please let me know.

Thanks for the space guys. I appreciate any help. :hi:

·
Registered
DDing an only somewhat-janky four-season miata
12,042 Posts
it's really easy taking it off....getting everything to fit the new trunk is a pain, though

I shaved the lip off my backup lights and 3M'd the suckers to the trunk to get them to fit...holes for the trunk trim clips have to be bored by a couple milimeters. You'll need an assortment of torx bits to get everything off. I also had to shave the tabs on the lock cylinder down a bit to get it to fit in. I wasn't able to get my lock rod in, so the cyliner is there for looks only.

You may also want to take it to a body shop and get them to sand it and re-clear the lid. That's up to You, though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's really easy taking it off....getting everything to fit the new trunk is a pain, though

I shaved the lip off my backup lights and 3M'd the suckers to the trunk to get them to fit...holes for the trunk trim clips have to be bored by a couple milimeters. You'll need an assortment of torx bits to get everything off. I also had to shave the tabs on the lock cylinder down a bit to get it to fit in. I wasn't able to get my lock rod in, so the cyliner is there for looks only.

You may also want to take it to a body shop and get them to sand it and re-clear the lid. That's up to You, though.
Shaved the lip off the backup lights?

I'm not painting the lid. It's all carbon fiber and will go well w/ my Steel Gray. :str8pimpi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.