BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
Joined
·
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, sorry for bringing up this topic again but I couldn't find the original thread.

Anyways, after hearing about there possibly being a trunk release inside the car I went to go check it out and surely enough there is one. Not hidden either, but in plain view...right above the hood release. Now, I don't ever recall seeing this on my 00 328 or my 01 330. Is this new? But then I read somewhere where some ppl had it on their 323s. :dunno:
 

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
Joined
·
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WhiteDagger said:
My 01 330i has it, and from my knowledge it is standard on ALL E46s. :thumbup:



there was a thread where some ppl did not have it or had problems locating it.
 

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
Joined
·
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WhiteDagger said:
:hmm: In todays world, an interior truck release, especially on mass production vehicles like E46s, has to be standard. I think some people just had a hard time locating the release button itself. :dunno:

I don't ever remember it on my 01 330. wait...I might have pictures of the interior.

on my 03 330, the trunk release is clearly visible. no way in not noticing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
10chi said:
:hmm: That boggles my mind. Why would such a simple thing like an interior trunk release NOT be a standard option. I just assumed BMW wasn't THAT cheap in trying to cut costs in their manufacturing/assembly process. I mean, come on, how much does that little button/mechanism really cost...
 

·
Mod Squad
Joined
·
12,623 Posts
I don't understand WHY there is an interior trunk release? :dunno:

I'd rather the trunk not be accessible from the interior, for example if someone breaks into the car they can open up the trunk via the button so now the bad guys can snatch your sh!t from the trunk too. :tsk:

Maybe when I get back home I'll take a look at that switch and snip a few wires or something to keep it from ever working again. *Insert evil laugh*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
russ330 said:
I don't understand WHY there is an interior trunk release? :dunno:

I'd rather the trunk not be accessible from the interior, for example if someone breaks into the car they can open up the trunk via the button so now the bad guys can snatch your sh!t from the trunk too. :tsk:

Maybe when I get back home I'll take a look at that switch and snip a few wires or something to keep it from ever working again. *Insert evil laugh*
i agree..there got to be a smarter way like the trunk release only work if you have your key in the ignition...and the varlet key won't do it since nothing will stop the varlet from going to your trunk...if that is the case then the seat will only fold down if the key is in position.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
WhiteDagger said:
:hmm: That boggles my mind. Why would such a simple thing like an interior trunk release NOT be a standard option. I just assumed BMW wasn't THAT cheap in trying to cut costs in their manufacturing/assembly process. I mean, come on, how much does that little button/mechanism really cost...
probably because you dont need one. if the key isnt enough, theres always that button on the trunk handle that releases it. with that, there is no need for an interior release. bmw isnt too cheap to make an interior release, other manufactures are just too cheap to make an exterior release
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
if someone breaks into the car, the release button is disabled, also if you lock the trunk with the key, the trunk can only be opened by the remote... at least my M works that way... IIRC the trunk by remote only is also a key setting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
Cowboy Bebop said:
also if you lock the trunk with the key, the trunk can only be opened by the remote... at least my M works that way... .
I was just about to say the same :thumbup:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top