E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to find replacement carpet to match the color of the BMW trunk carpet?

I have found some charcoal that is close, but lacks that bluish OEM tint.

Is there a BMW part number just for carpet?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've found carpeting that is extremely close in both color and texture, but it's not exact---it's just a hair lighter. If BMW doesn't sell it, try some car audio places and/or automotive/marine upholsterers.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here is a comparison of the Scosche EFX non-backed carpet colors and the stock carpet. It looks like Dark Pewter is the closest match. Has anyone tried this or another brand/color? I'm looking for the closest match to the factory trunk carpet since I am not going to redo the whole trunk.

Jeff
`02 330Ci on buyback status
`04 330Ci on order

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was unable to find an exact match on the carpet. I gave up the quest and took a sample OEM piece to a local upholstery shop. They matched it as close as possible but it is not exact. I just needed a small section to cover a false wall in the trunk, Given to some shadows in the trunk when it is open the color difference doesn't look all that bad. I'm satisfied with it until I guess someone can find an exact match.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts