E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
330ci - 5 Speed - 3.0l M54 MS43.1 - 239k Miles - 03/2001
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers side headlight went out last night, so I went and got some decent bulbs from Theretrofitsource.com and apparently they are back ordered for 4-6 weeks?! Yeeeeikes. I guess I'm gonna ol one eye for a month. Anyone else ordered from them recently?

Font Multimedia Screenshot Rectangle Darkness

· Tesla Beater
Best M5 Ever Made!
12,959 Posts
I mean, you could just cancel it and order it somewhere else. Yes, many things are on back order.

Also, for something like a head light bulb, seems like a better option to pay a $30 more and get lifetime replacement parts from FCP? $110 for the set (and these are Phillips, no idea what the TRS ones are as it does not say - unless Morimoto XB?)

They also appear to be in stock on morimotos own website.

· snowdogs rule
1,892 Posts
Posts edited to remove negative comments toward members.
Please keep it civil, helpful, and nice. We have a very good culture on here, so let’s keep that going.
Thanks.
Nasty things in a thread about headlight bulbs? :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: seamus

· Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nasty things in a thread about headlight bulbs? :rolleyes:
An off topic thread, about a back order about headlights! I wanted to communicate with the members of the forum here and see if anyone else was having these issues with the same site but not inflate my post count or gum up a serious thread.

· Registered
304 Posts
Never ordered from them before but it's not surprising these days.

My experience from several backorder replies has been that companies have been over-estimating the time so customers don't lose their sh*t if things aren't exactly on time. With the exception of the radio I just replaced in my truck (Crutchfield just stated "backordered - will ship when it gets here"), the other backordered items I've received in about half the quoted time.

· Administrator
2013 X1 M-sport
22,573 Posts
An off topic thread, about a back order about headlights! I wanted to communicate with the members of the forum here and see if anyone else was having these issues with the same site but not inflate my post count or gum up a serious thread.
Thanks for sharing the shipping delay. TRS is used quite a bit by forum members and generally provides good service.
Thread moved to Lighting forum.

· Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never ordered from the before but it's not surprising these days>
It does seem to be the way the world is going now a days. The morimoto lights came with some decent reviews and the last company I used went out of business (MENGMotorsports). They made an excellent ballast and bulb set up that lasted years. Only bought one pair of bulbs for the 7 years I owned the vehicle.

Thanks for sharing the shipping delay. TRS is used quite a bit by forum members and generally provides good service.
Thread moved to Lighting forum.
Thank you for your service Bali, that was the general consensus after perusing through the lighting forum. I was looking to get some 6k bulbs rather than the 4800 OE.

· Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a little update. I emailed the company about canceling my order in an attempt to procure the bulbs somewhere else and I have had no response. So I went to the website to check the live chat which the website states no agents available. It seems they have abandoned their post! I'll be attempting to call their phone and see if they pick up but things are not looking promising.

· Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The phone call was exactly as expected. No one answered during business hours so my payment is just floating in the wind. Oof.
the next stop for me would be Lightwerkz - they are a dealer for TRS and tend to keep a lot of stuff in stock, you could also email them prior to a purchase to make sure they have bulbs in stock
I'll check them, do my due diligence first and make sure there is someone to talk to before I go and throw money at them.

· Registered
2006 325Ci M56 5MT 2004 M3 6MT
1,337 Posts
Kinda odd that TRS is getting back to you, never had any issues with them, in the 10 years that i have purchased their HID kits, they always got back to me with warranty inquiries.

· Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Never ordered from them before but it's not surprising these days.

My experience from several backorder replies has been that companies have been over-estimating the time so customers don't lose their sh*t if things aren't exactly on time. With the exception of the radio I just replaced in my truck (Crutchfield just stated "backordered - will ship when it gets here"), the other backordered items I've received in about half the quoted time.
We used to call this tactic ‘under promise, over perform’. For some customers, this changes a marginal performance into a great one.

· Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kinda odd that TRS is getting back to you, never had any issues with them, in the 10 years that i have purchased their HID kits, they always got back to me with warranty inquiries.
They came recommended here, but it's not very often that someone stops answering their phones or emails. I only hope they haven't gone out of business.

· Registered
83 Posts
I just ordered from TRS and one of the items (Morimoto ballasts) are back ordered 4-6 weeks. I immediately emailed them to see if I could get something else but no word yet. They don’t seem to respond to emails. I had sent them an email before my order and no response. I called them and waited for 30 mins to get someone who really didn’t know what they were talking about with the E46 headlights. I’m very disappointed with TRS. Probably won’t use them again.
The alternative, Lightwerkz, doesn’t seem to be responsive either. No answer when calling, no response to email. Bummer.
I don’t think these places care much about E46 cars as they have moved on to more “popular” cars.

• Sad
Reactions: cigma2312
1 - 18 of 18 Posts