BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I installed silver guage faces a while back and since then the trip reset button (on the left) doesn't work. banghead: Has anyone else had this problem? I've taken the cluster apart again but don't see anything broken :huh: .... thanks!

·
Alpha Male
7,152 Posts
You'll need to check the whole button rod. there's a fragile piece that sticks out. I broke mine when I did my gauge face install and had to glue the little piece back on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the same problem when I colored my needles. Make sure the little L shaped piece like clem's diagram is positioned right.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I had the same problem. The reset button broke (L-shaped piece). Fortunately dealer replaced the cluster since BMW doesn't sell the button only, it comes with the whole cluster.

·
Alpha Male
7,152 Posts
als said:
I had the same problem. The reset button broke (L-shaped piece). Fortunately dealer replaced the cluster since BMW doesn't sell the button only, it comes with the whole cluster.
I'm lucky I found the piece to glue back on.

One good way to prevent it from breaking is to pull off the rubber button sleeves from the front before disassembling the unit.

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
als said:
They replaced the whole cluster for free when you shouldnt have been in there in the first place? I am amazed.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Anthony said:
They replaced the whole cluster for free when you shouldnt have been in there in the first place? I am amazed.
Don't let them know if you did something to your cluster. Just act innocently as someone who won't dare to touch anything inside the car. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts