E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 325Ci Convertible (5-speed manual)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My right side trim cover piece needs its broken rod/spring replaced -- I have parts are on order from FCP Euro. I started looking at my left side as an example for install, and I think it's backwards.

In the pictures in this post, the rod is attached to the trim cover piece, with the spring extending out to latch onto on the other end.

In contrast, my example has the rod attached to the other end and the spring extends to the trim cover piece. Compare the other post's 2.jpg image with my first image below. The install is opposite. (You can't see as much in my image because the rear dash is in the way.)

Is this an incorrect backwards install on my vehicle or is the example from the other post wrong? Parts diagrams don't show this and I couldn't find anything else definitive.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 325Ci Convertible (5-speed manual)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the confirmation. Is dealing with the uninstall/reinstall here enough of a PITA that you'd just leave it alone since it appears to be working? For some reason, I'm expecting it to be difficult and frustrating to work in this area. Guess I'll find out when I do the install on the right side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts