E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a transporter license plate. I'm a fan of the movie and I think it might be pretty cool. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
bfv3 said:
I'm thinking of getting a transporter license plate. I'm a fan of the movie and I think it might be pretty cool. What do you guys think?
I would have to question how many people, upon seeing the license plate, would make the connection with the movie. I'd think most people, having never seen a plate like that before, would just assume you were in fact some kind of transporter.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JRobUSC said:
I would have to question how many people, upon seeing the license plate, would make the connection with the movie. I'd think most people, having never seen a plate like that before, would just assume you were in fact some kind of transporter.
You are probably right, but most people around here also think modding your car is ghetto. I think it's cool, and I am curious about what other fanatics think.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, just so you know, this is not a fake front license plate. It is an actual license plate that will replace my standard rear one. It is intended for people that transport vehicles between car dealers. I'll have to jump through some hoops, but I know I can qualify for one.

·
Registered
728 Posts
bfv3 said:
Also, just so you know, this is not a fake front license plate. It is an actual license plate that will replace my standard rear one. It is intended for people that transport vehicles between car dealers. I'll have to jump through some hoops, but I know I can qualify for one.
I didn't say it was fake or that there was anything wrong with it, I just don't know if anyone will get the reference.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Also be aware that I believe if you have a transporter plate, the car is only allowed to carry the driver, no passengers. It's meant only for moving a car from one place to another. Not normal street driving.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FLBEARCUB said:
Also be aware that I believe if you have a transporter plate, the car is only allowed to carry the driver, no passengers. It's meant only for moving a car from one place to another. Not normal street driving.
Really? Bummer. I didn't see anything about that in the fine print. I'll make sure before I get one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts